PCOS 50+ lbs to go!

Options
Hi! I'm Lindsey, diagnosed with PCOS after a hefty weight gain (while dieting and exercising- how frustrating!) in 2015. Due to my insulin resistance, my dieting is a little difficult compared to the normal weight loss plan. Every single thing I eat or drink is immediately transferred into the form of fat. So, I'm working this year in 2016 to lose all the weight I've gained and then some. Here's to hoping I receive the motivation via this awesome app to keep going!

Replies

• roislin2014
    roislin2014 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    lknovakk wrote: »
    Hi! I'm Lindsey, diagnosed with PCOS after a hefty weight gain (while dieting and exercising- how frustrating!) in 2015. Due to my insulin resistance, my dieting is a little difficult compared to the normal weight loss plan. Every single thing I eat or drink is immediately transferred into the form of fat. So, I'm working this year in 2016 to lose all the weight I've gained and then some. Here's to hoping I receive the motivation via this awesome app to keep going!

Hi iknovakk I totally understand what your going through- I've also been diagnosed with PCOS and have at least 50lb to loose. I completely agree with what uv said especially "my dieting is a little difficult compared to the normal weight loss plan" (if only it where that simple!!) and "every single thing I eat or drink is immediately transferred into the form of fat" that's exactly how I feel my body is working and I've never been able to put into terms as eloquently as you've put it.
    I'm completely motivated to tackle this and take control of my weight in 2016. I've the added challenge of autoimmune arthritis which effects my mobility so I can't exercise as strenuously as I'd like, but I'm not letting that hold me back- I'm determined! I've been given Metformin as a treatment for PCOS in the hope it regulates my insulin so I hope that aids weight loss but my main objective is eating correctly to tackle the ever expanding waistline! please feel free to add me id like to help support you and visa versa. I'm new so still haven't worked out how to add people yet! Goodluck!
  • debradugas9
    debradugas9 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you have to go thru that!! I wish you all the luck!! You can add me if you would like!!
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS diagnosed since I was 16. You can totally do it. I really don't want to take any medications such as Metformin as I hear it can cause heart problems in nondiabetic patients. It has motivated me to make this weight loss goal a priority! Good luck feel free to add me!
  • drea218
    drea218 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    PCOS diagnosed about 4 years ago, have about 50-70 pounds to lose, gonna add you guys for support! Andrea
  • jlowejharrinjann
    jlowejharrinjann Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with posted several years ago. I had tons of hormones off- all in favor of weight gain. I highly recommend seeing a naturopathic doctor or at least a doctor who is more holistic. Mainstream medicine is absolutely terrible at dealing with women's hormones. I can't say enough about how much better I currently feel than when I only saw a regular doctor and endocrinologist and even went to the mayo clinic. I've lost a lot of the 50 lbs or more I put on during that time - still working on the last 15 lbs or so.
    I called a local compounding pharmacy that does bioidentical hormones and asked for a recommendation on a doctor who was holistic. This was at least two years ago and the doctor has been so helpful.

I am currently trying to get pregnant and have had trouble. I am starting to see a functional neurologist and he is actually thinking my hormone imbalances could be caused by an autoimmune disorder. I'm curious to see how it turns out.