Meals around 500 kcal or less

Options
lexilouise123
lexilouise123 Posts: 4 Member
really struggling to find meals that can be made for 500kcals or less, I have a nut allergy but other than that will try anything! Thank you :)

Replies

• SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    Chicken parmigiana is my favorite. You some shake and bake on your chicken and bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Top with pasta sauce of your choice and a low fat provolone cheese. Yummy!!0ha6l7plojqa.jpeg
  • DanniTinez
    DanniTinez Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Medium plain baked Sweet Potato, broccoli, leek, green beans , baby sweet corn and a table spoon of sour cream with a dusting of fresh chives! Yummy!
  • WinterSkies
    WinterSkies Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    You can make a really great soft taco (ground beef in whole wheat tortilla, salsa, sour cream, and lettuce) for around 400 calories, depending on how much meat you add. Serve veggies or salad on the side, and you're set.
  • lexilouise123
    lexilouise123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I love cooking, but don't have a lot of time to make the kinds of recipes in my favorite cooking magazines, as they tend to require very fancy and obscure ingredients--it's hard to just whip something up without a trip to a couple of different stores. But last fall, out of curiosity, I bought the Thanksgiving/Christmas issue of Cooking Light and was very impressed with the variety, quality and simplicity of the recipes. Plus they provide all the nutritional details. So for example, "Classic Pot Roast" is 307 calories for 3 oz of beef, 3/4 cup veggies, and a VERY tasty, savory wine-based sauce. Mmmmm, sauce. I'm getting hungry just thinking of it now. Throw in a salad with a balsamic/EVOO dressing and another side of veggies (I think this issue had 4-5 Brussels sprouts recipes) and you are set. I portion it out and eat it over the next few days. I have a dozen more recipes to try in this double issue, and have been impressed enough that I have ordered a subscription, but they have many, many recipes on their web site as well.
  • French_Peasant
    French_Peasant Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Here is a sample pot roast recipe from Cooking Light:

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/classic-beef-pot-roast