Am I obsessing?

Options
All together I've lost 12 lbs- I'm 3 lbs away from my weight loss goal. I think I may be obsessing, but I'm now wanting to lose 10 more lbs- I'm 5"10 and currently weigh 148.8 - would 138 be too small for someone my height? and since I've been on this exercising and eating healthy kick ( or hardly eating n e thing at all) I'm becoming more and more obsessed with my looks.... I'm now wanting plastic surgery but I'm only 22- chin implant, Botox in my lips, possibly a nose job, and lipo.... I want to look like the Victorias Secret models..... Am I going overboard!!!!??? Should I get help?

Replies

• littlelol
    littlelol Posts: 539
    Options
    im exactly the same as you , I obssess over my looks constantly. I wish my hair was different, I hate my nose and wish i was slimmer. We are never happy. But I think your beautiful xx
  • abalicious
    abalicious Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I think both of yall are beautiful!

I am 5'11'' and my goal weight is 160 and I think that's too small! But everyone's body is different, I have a very large and broad frame but I'm sure yours might be smaller.

After most women have plastic surgery because they 'hate' their looks, they realize after that they are still unhappy, and they realize its a psychological issue and not a physical one. I would reconsider surgery and pursue counseling. Don't make rash decisions over surgery, especially if you are young, because you might regret it later. Your body is still changing and growing.
  • palaciosj27
    Options
    I dont think your obsessing...I think we all go through that at one point or another. You are a very good looking woman, 5'10 is pretty tall, i think you are perfect weight. But then again, Its how YOU feel and what YOU want. Good Luck! :)
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Maybe you are, don't know you, so don't know for sure --- But as a woman in my 50's, I can guarantee that when you're my age, you will look back at the beauty you had in your twenties, and wonder why you weren't happier with yourself. I wish I had made peace with my body earlier in life. Keep your sense of humor, a woman's body changes all the time!!!
  • misskate719
    Options
    im exactly the same as you , I obssess over my looks constantly. I wish my hair was different, I hate my nose and wish i was slimmer. We are never happy. But I think your beautiful xx

Your beautiful too doll- we need to learn to accept ourselves for who we are- but it's so hard sometimes!!!!
  • misskate719
    Options
    Thank u all for the advice!!!!!
  • ginalhorst
    ginalhorst Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi I don't post much but had surgery and am planted! I was just talking about this subject with my friend's 13 year old daughter. I have 5 boys but I was remembering how much time I wasted when I was a teen and in my 20's obsessing over parts of me that I didn't like. Like someone else said, I wish I realized how lucky I was then and just enjoyed the good parts of my body and other parts. Let me point some things out to you-Maybe they will give you perspective?
    You have no wrinkles! Omg I had no idea how lucky I was and how much I would not enjoy wrinkles when they started coming in my 30's. My skin was wrinkle free and beautiful- enjoy it- it is a wonderful part of being in your teens and 20's
    If you're at a good goal weight and you are healthy- without being skinny, just be happy there and work more on your fitness if anything but don't starve yourself.
    I think one of the hard things when you're young is comparing yourself to your friends or family and trying to have a body like someone else's when it's just not possible, instead of accepting your body type and making the best of it and being at peace
    I'm STILL working on that but I'm getting better-
    Your pre-child body is unscathed by pregnancy! Enjoy it! You don't know what your body will do when it's pregnant hehe. I was so blessed to not get stretch marks on my stomach with my 5 pregnancies- however, my legs did not fare so well and I had to have a few vein surgeries which left my once pretty legs all scarred and still with lots of spider veins. I didn't know how good I had it- I was always too busy obsessing over the tiny bit of cellulite I had on my legs.
    Try to learn to accept your body type and just be healthy but be grateful for what you have- look around- you are probably one of the luckier girls out there people would kill for your body!
    Also as far as your face, I really think altering your face with plastic surgery especially at 22 would be something you'd regret. Youth alone will be enough beauty for you- even if each of your features isn't exactly as you'd like it. I think that people who have facial alterations usually look strange. I have never had a full upper lip and always hated it but every girl with plastic surgery lips looks strange. I'd rather have a thinner lip than people look at me and think I look odd!
    Pick the features you like- and really play them up and you'd be shocked how much no one even notices the things you are wanting to alter-
    I think some counseling might help you too- body image can be really injured in your teens- I know mine was and I am still working on what is real and what is false from bad input.
    I know it was wordy but I hope something might help- I'm also on pain killers for my foot ! haha feel free to inbox me and I'll send you a friend request. You're a beautiful girl- don't change a thing :-)
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    wow you are pretty =] ! & tall lol but i don't think that is too low. you are fine. I just looked at a bmi calculator and you could go as low as 130 and still be in the healthy range, but that would be very small! Only do what you want to do =] ! My mom is 5'7" and she weighs 120 and she is 50! lol i think you're fine. a lot of people on here might say you're being unhealthy, but you're not. You didn't have a lot to lose in the first place.
    good luck =]
  • sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    Sounds like you are already really healthy and not to mention girl...you are already gorgeous!!!
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Hi I don't post much but had surgery and am planted! I was just talking about this subject with my friend's 13 year old daughter. I have 5 boys but I was remembering how much time I wasted when I was a teen and in my 20's obsessing over parts of me that I didn't like. Like someone else said, I wish I realized how lucky I was then and just enjoyed the good parts of my body and other parts. Let me point some things out to you-Maybe they will give you perspective?
    You have no wrinkles! Omg I had no idea how lucky I was and how much I would not enjoy wrinkles when they started coming in my 30's. My skin was wrinkle free and beautiful- enjoy it- it is a wonderful part of being in your teens and 20's
    If you're at a good goal weight and you are healthy- without being skinny, just be happy there and work more on your fitness if anything but don't starve yourself.
    I think one of the hard things when you're young is comparing yourself to your friends or family and trying to have a body like someone else's when it's just not possible, instead of accepting your body type and making the best of it and being at peace
    I'm STILL working on that but I'm getting better-
    Your pre-child body is unscathed by pregnancy! Enjoy it! You don't know what your body will do when it's pregnant hehe. I was so blessed to not get stretch marks on my stomach with my 5 pregnancies- however, my legs did not fare so well and I had to have a few vein surgeries which left my once pretty legs all scarred and still with lots of spider veins. I didn't know how good I had it- I was always too busy obsessing over the tiny bit of cellulite I had on my legs.
    Try to learn to accept your body type and just be healthy but be grateful for what you have- look around- you are probably one of the luckier girls out there people would kill for your body!
    Also as far as your face, I really think altering your face with plastic surgery especially at 22 would be something you'd regret. Youth alone will be enough beauty for you- even if each of your features isn't exactly as you'd like it. I think that people who have facial alterations usually look strange. I have never had a full upper lip and always hated it but every girl with plastic surgery lips looks strange. I'd rather have a thinner lip than people look at me and think I look odd!
    Pick the features you like- and really play them up and you'd be shocked how much no one even notices the things you are wanting to alter-
    I think some counseling might help you too- body image can be really injured in your teens- I know mine was and I am still working on what is real and what is false from bad input.
    I know it was wordy but I hope something might help- I'm also on pain killers for my foot ! haha feel free to inbox me and I'll send you a friend request. You're a beautiful girl- don't change a thing :-)

Gina, You are beautiful too at 42 you look 30! only wish i was so lucky.
  • Limeinthecoconut
    Limeinthecoconut Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm also 5'10, and I'm maintaining at 140 at the moment. Can't seem to go any lower than that... :/

Anyway, it's quite small- I'm an Australian size 9 in jeans. I dont know what it is everywhere else...I think a 5 in US?

I don't think I could get much smaller. I'm focussed more on looking healthy though.
  • MuchoGusto
    MuchoGusto Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    All together I've lost 12 lbs- I'm 3 lbs away from my weight loss goal. I think I may be obsessing, but I'm now wanting to lose 10 more lbs- I'm 5"10 and currently weigh 148.8 - would 138 be too small for someone my height? and since I've been on this exercising and eating healthy kick ( or hardly eating n e thing at all) I'm becoming more and more obsessed with my looks.... I'm now wanting plastic surgery but I'm only 22- chin implant, Botox in my lips, possibly a nose job, and lipo.... I want to look like the Victorias Secret models..... Am I going overboard!!!!??? Should I get help?

Ironically, I am going through the exact same thing. Just last week I was looking at VS and said "I want a boob job." But later thinking about I don't know what I said that. I don't want to be judged by the size of my knockers or get more attention because of them. It's hard to do because all women are so critical of their looks. But look deep inside and you'll find your true happiness......oh...and I'm not looking at VS anymore!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Everyone carries weight differently, and differently at different times in their lives.

I'm currently 135# and 39 years old, and I'm pretty much the same size I was around 120# several years ago. (Both when I was about 26 years old before I gained weight, then in my early 30s when a jaw problem made it impossible to eat normally for over a year.) Now I have a lot more muscle, so I weigh more, but I look better.

Take photos every few weeks and compare them side by side. The scale doesn't tell the whole story. And I personally don't see changes in the mirror, because it happens so gradually. But looking at photos, you can be more objective. You can see, "Wow, yeah... my collarbone pops now!" or "My legs look longer and leaner!"

You are stunningly beautiful. Don't get hung up on the scale, OR on the totally photoshopped images of models. Do you realize how many hours and how many people it takes for them to look that way? Not a single one of them is more beautiful than you are.
  • sswift76
    sswift76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    No one is ever happy....blue eyed girls want to have brown, straight haired girls want to have curls, it's age old. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. You just have to accept yourself for who you are, believe you are beautiful, and you will feel that way. Plastic surgery is gross. Ever see "Real Housewives" ??????? Yuck!! It's easy to say, but if you think all that will make you happy, you're wrong. YOU have to make YOU happy! Nothing and no one else can do it.....
  • misskate719
    Options
    wow you are pretty =] ! & tall lol but i don't think that is too low. you are fine. I just looked at a bmi calculator and you could go as low as 130 and still be in the healthy range, but that would be very small! Only do what you want to do =] ! My mom is 5'7" and she weighs 120 and she is 50! lol i think you're fine. a lot of people on here might say you're being unhealthy, but you're not. You didn't have a lot to lose in the first place.
    good luck =]

:) thank u ;) yeah I read that too, I don't wanna get too skinny, But I'd definitely be happy at 130!!!
  • misskate719
    Options
    Sounds like you are already really healthy and not to mention girl...you are already gorgeous!!!

*blushes* thank u. :)
  • misskate719
    Options
    No one is ever happy....blue eyed girls want to have brown, straight haired girls want to have curls, it's age old. The grass isn't always greener on the other side. You just have to accept yourself for who you are, believe you are beautiful, and you will feel that way. Plastic surgery is gross. Ever see "Real Housewives" ??????? Yuck!! It's easy to say, but if you think all that will make you happy, you're wrong. YOU have to make YOU happy! Nothing and no one else can do it.....

That's very true- but honestly hun, my self esteem is so low I'd change my entire face if I could afford it- then at least I could blame my ugliness on all the plastic surgery. I'm trying though, it's difficult. :(
  • misskate719
    Options
    Everyone carries weight differently, and differently at different times in their lives.

I'm currently 135# and 39 years old, and I'm pretty much the same size I was around 120# several years ago. (Both when I was about 26 years old before I gained weight, then in my early 30s when a jaw problem made it impossible to eat normally for over a year.) Now I have a lot more muscle, so I weigh more, but I look better.

Take photos every few weeks and compare them side by side. The scale doesn't tell the whole story. And I personally don't see changes in the mirror, because it happens so gradually. But looking at photos, you can be more objective. You can see, "Wow, yeah... my collarbone pops now!" or "My legs look longer and leaner!"

You are stunningly beautiful. Don't get hung up on the scale, OR on the totally photoshopped images of models. Do you realize
    how many hours and how many people it takes for them to look that way? Not a single one of them is more beautiful than you are.

Thanks hun, I am noticing changes- but VERY slowly- and I do take pix then delete them cuz I dont like what I see. N yes, the models are all starving to death and are completely airbrushed, but I'd still die to look like them, or try my hardest too!
  • wendyw8
    wendyw8 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I think alot of girls have thoughts like this, I am 27 and I have wanted a boob job for almost 10 yrs now, since I have wanted it for so long and done a ton of research I am going to go for it (as soon as I can save for it). But I definitely think you should give any surgery a lot of thought and time if you still want it in a couple years than go for it. I personally don't think you need any face surgery though!! You are beautiful.
  • misskate719
    Options
    Hey! I'm also 5'10, and I'm maintaining at 140 at the moment. Can't seem to go any lower than that... :/

Anyway, it's quite small- I'm an Australian size 9 in jeans. I dont know what it is everywhere else...I think a 5 in US?

I don't think I could get much smaller. I'm focussed more on looking healthy though.

Ya I seem to be stuck at 149. Grrrr- frustrating! I'm normally a size 9 here in the US, buy can almost fit into a 7. :)