Recipes with protein powder

Options
Im looking to bake something that includes my soy protein powder. Does anyone have a recipe that i could try out?

Replies

• frantzcr
    frantzcr Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm also interested in this. Last thing I tried to make was protein bars from protein powder but it came out in a gooey mess.
  • bryanna277
    bryanna277 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    frantzcr wrote: »
    I'm also interested in this. Last thing I tried to make was protein bars from protein powder but it came out in a gooey mess.

I made brownies yesterday and instead of using 1 1/3 cup of ap flour i subbed 1 scoop of soy protein. They came out amazing.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Here is my protein cheesecake recipe. Really easy to make. Not sure how it would be with Soy Protein powder. I use ON and it is sweet enough not to add stevia. Protein Chef website has every type of protein recipe.

Protein Cheesecake Recipe

I used the Protein Chefs cheesecake recipe as the base and changed up a few things. Here is the recipe below. You have to use a 6-2 pan to make this work with the cooking instructions.

2 Scoops (60g) Optimum Nutrition Vanilla Bean Protein Powder- Get it at Vitamin Shoppe
    12 Ounces Fage 0% Fat Greek Yogurt
    12 Ounces Fat Free Philadelphia Cream Cheese
    1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
    ¼ teaspoon of salt
    2 Large Eggs

Take out a large bowl, add all of your ingredients into it and then mix everything together (using a hand mixer makes things a lot easier). Line a 6×2 cake pan with some parchment paper, pour your mix in and then put it into the oven on 325°F/162°C for 30:00-33:00. After 30:00-33:00 drop your temperature to 200°F/93°C for another 60:00 mins. I suggest using the full amount of time to cook. Take your cheesecake out, let it cool, wrap it up, and then put it into the fridge overnight. Overnight makes it so much better. This has an amazing taste and the macros are below. Enjoy!!!

4 Servings
    Per Serving: 224 Calories, 3 Fat, 10.3 Carbs and 33 Protein
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    ALMOND COOKIES ... * Can make these as Chocolate Chip or even Double Chocolate Chip
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/3 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg
    1 cup almond flour (about 4 ounces)
    1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder (1 scoop) **
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    3 1/2 ounces Lindt 70% cocoa bar, coarsely chopped, optional (I also use Hershey's sugar free chips)

* You can make this using Chocolate Whey Protein Powder with or without the chocolate chips. Depending on how sweet your protein powder tastes, you may aslo want to adjust the sweetener.[/b]

**** The other thing I have been able to do is increase the protein to 2 scoops and use only 2/3 almond flour.

Blend all the ingredients, liquid first and then the dry. It will not matter in the end if you just mix it all up at one time. Just note the the butter doesn't seem to blend very well with the egg but it won't matter. Mix the almond flour, whey protein powder and baking powder. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture on low speed. Fold in the chocolate, if using.

I actually transfer the dough to the freezer for about 15 - 20 minutes. It is easier to make balls with and I actually place on cookie sheet and press down without loosing any dough during this process.

Make 18-22 cookies using a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop and place them on a silicone or parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten the dough balls slightly. The dough is very soft and sticky so you may want to cover the dough with a piece of wax paper to press them. Bake at 350º about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes 18-22 cookies

Cookies made without chocolate chunks:
    With granular Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 96 Calories; 9g Fat; 3g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; .5g Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 94 Calories; 9g Fat; 3g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; .5g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

Cookies made with chocolate chunks:
    With granular Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 131 Calories; 11g Fat; 4g Protein; 4.5g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 129 Calories; 11g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Try proteinpow.com
  • bryanna277
    Options
    gia07 wrote: »
    ALMOND COOKIES ... * Can make these as Chocolate Chip or even Double Chocolate Chip
    1/2 cup butter, softened
    1/3 cup granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1 egg
    1 cup almond flour (about 4 ounces)
    1/3 cup vanilla whey protein powder (1 scoop) **
    1 teaspoon baking powder
    3 1/2 ounces Lindt 70% cocoa bar, coarsely chopped, optional (I also use Hershey's sugar free chips)

* You can make this using Chocolate Whey Protein Powder with or without the chocolate chips. Depending on how sweet your protein powder tastes, you may aslo want to adjust the sweetener.[/b]

**** The other thing I have been able to do is increase the protein to 2 scoops and use only 2/3 almond flour.

Blend all the ingredients, liquid first and then the dry. It will not matter in the end if you just mix it all up at one time. Just note the the butter doesn't seem to blend very well with the egg but it won't matter. Mix the almond flour, whey protein powder and baking powder. Gradually mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture on low speed. Fold in the chocolate, if using.

I actually transfer the dough to the freezer for about 15 - 20 minutes. It is easier to make balls with and I actually place on cookie sheet and press down without loosing any dough during this process.

Make 18-22 cookies using a 2 teaspoon cookie scoop and place them on a silicone or parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten the dough balls slightly. The dough is very soft and sticky so you may want to cover the dough with a piece of wax paper to press them. Bake at 350º about 9 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

Makes 18-22 cookies

Cookies made without chocolate chunks:
    With granular Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 96 Calories; 9g Fat; 3g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; .5g Dietary Fiber; 1.5g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 94 Calories; 9g Fat; 3g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; .5g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carb

Cookies made with chocolate chunks:
    With granular Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 131 Calories; 11g Fat; 4g Protein; 4.5g Carbohydrate; 1.5g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
    Per Cookie: 129 Calories; 11g Fat; 4g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

This sounds amaaaazing!!
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    My coworker says she makes protein pancakes with the protein powder, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, almond milk, cocoa, vanilla, and baking powder
  • bryanna277
    Options
    OhMsDiva wrote: »
    My coworker says she makes protein pancakes with the protein powder, 2 egg whites, 1 whole egg, almond milk, cocoa, vanilla, and baking powder

Ive seen lots of recipes for protein pancakes i think im gonna try those this weekend.