Juice or smoothie diet

Options
hello everyone! anyone trying or losing weight on the juice/smoothie diet and how its going, my daughter got me a nutribullet for Christmas....thanks

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    No - eat real food, learn to do it for life. Temporary diets will get you temporary results.

I love a good smoothie, and I go in spurts making various blends of fruits and veggies, not as meal replacements, but because I just like them, but I burn out on them pretty quick.

Going on a smoothie or juice diet limits you as well - what about social gatherings, birthdays, holidays, etc? Can't take that nutribullet with you everywhere. :tongue: I still eat regular meals with my family, dine out on a regular basis, even eat pizza, burgers, fries and drink alcohol, have lost the weight and kept it off for over three years now. Lifestyle change you can stick with is where it's at!
  • GogoGirlBA
    GogoGirlBA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Smoothies are good and I make it for breakfast or lunch a few times a week. I always put proteins (nuts or protein powders) and fats (avocado, coconut butter, peanut butters) in my smoothie so I don't feel hungry fast.
  • elnstanley23
    elnstanley23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    i only do it for a meal replacement...its filling also
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Love my Ninja! I use smoothies to help me get in my veggies/fiber. A recent favorite is butternut or acorn squash with the skin on, frozen mango, and a bit of kefir or yogurt for texture.

Another fave is kale, carrots, and frozen blueberries with a bit of water and stevia for sweetness.

I also keep ice cubes made with apple juice and pomegranate juice in the freezer for a quick smoothie addition. One or two of these cubes adds sweetness to a mess of raw veggies or greens!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    The problem with meal replacements is they don't give you the tools needed for maintenance. Meauring and logging regular food teaches us portion control.

Losing weight is just the first step. Keeping it off requires lifestlye changes.

Smoothies are great from time to time. Get some high quality protein powder, add some fiber and fat.
  • elnstanley23
    elnstanley23 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    my favorite is spinach carrot apple frozen banana cucumber 2 tablespoon flax seeds coconut water and splash agave for sweetener so good! my green breakfast
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    I have juices and smoothies, but they don't comprise my entire diet or even a substantial part of my diet. They are a quick and easy way to get in some fruits and vegetables and the particular smoothie I make is primarily for quick recovery nutrition after a 50+ mile ride and clocks in around 800 calories.

Just crashing your diet with juices and smoothies is going to teach you nothing that you will need long term maintenance.