I need a support group

Options
bigmac280
bigmac280 Posts: 10 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Lisa... I am an emotional eater.. Seems food consume me through the good times and the bad... I love desserts!! Chocolate!! I quit smoking sept..11/2014.. Since then I have loss 45 lbs and have just gained 20 lbs of it back using Xmas as an excuse... I feel drained.. Fat... Not motivated to get out of my own way... I need something to motivate me .. I'm here anyone got any suggestions!!

Replies

• a_little_less_lauren
    Options
    I hear you on both the emotional eating and the gaining back! Maybe we can help be a support system for each other?
  • bigmac280
    Options
    I would love that.. What's your story
  • a_little_less_lauren
    Options
    I'm 27, was always thin until I piled on the pounds in college. Unfortunately I continued to gain and now weigh just about 215 pounds. I do see myself eat my emotions a lot, particularly boredom and sadness. I've lost 30 pounds before, so I know I can do it, it's just discouraging to be back where I started.
  • bigmac280
    Options
    Well we all have a story... Mine started when my dad passed away in 1993.. He burnt in his cabin... I gained about 50lbs after he passed.. Didn't want anything to do with life or happiness.. I was dead inside and sad!! After about 5 yrs I finally got my *kitten* together and joined aerobics which I learned to love... Loss my weight.. Married my high school sweetheart and got pregnant where I quit smoking while I carried and gained 88 lbs... Boy was I depressed after the birth of my daughter!! Once again took off about 45 of it and bang!! Got pregnant again where I gained 55 lbs... With the 45 on had on from the first pregnancy I was up to a gain of 100 lbs.... No regrets when it came to having my 2 beautiful kids but big regrets to what I allowed myself to become .... It's only been the last couple years since I'm trying to get this weight off its so hard ... I quit smoking almost 2 years for good!! Now I need to lose this weight for good!!
  • watsonk9880
    watsonk9880 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Lisa My name is Kim I am right there with you with emotional eating. I would love to help support you on your journey. I'm down almost 100 pounds and last year had a few health problems and in the past I would have gained it back but I managed to keep it off and now that all is getting back to normal I am finally losing again. I have about 60 more pounds to lose. Please fell free to follow me here :) I also have a free support group if you're interested let me know.
  • bigmac280
    Options
    Wow that's great .. Yes I would love to follow you
  • Zari_Safari
    Zari_Safari Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I completely understand where you're coming from. I have issues with emotional eating as well. Feel free to add me as a friend and we can hold each other accountable!
  • kysias2
    kysias2 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Is there dsily or weekly support groups here. I sure nd one
  • cisneros02
    cisneros02 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    me too!! if I lose my keys I have to have a snack until I find them. Gosh is so hard to don't eat when I'm nervous