Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Why do you want to lose weight?

2»

Replies

• mnshanbhag
    mnshanbhag Posts: 199 Member
    because I'm fat, and at risk of diabetes.
  • Silver_Star
    Silver_Star Posts: 1,351 Member
    So i stop bouncing out the door and just... walk out normally.

1396457353_bouncing_llama.gif
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Specifically for my wedding but also for my honeymoon

Congratulations! This was one of my big reasons for getting started. I can tell you that after losing 30lbs I was able to dance all day and not hurt by the end of the day. And yes, the sex has gotten better, too.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    edited January 2016
    iluvbep wrote: »
    To feel more confident and to rock my wedding dress in june!

Congratulations to you, too!

In addition to getting in better shape and looking sexy in my wedding dress I want to be a healthy mom when we decide to start a family. I have PCOS and Hypothyroid and the weight loss will make the process of getting pregnant and having a healthy pregnancy easier. I also graduated nursing school in August and I want to be a good roll model for my patients.

Great reasons from everyone else, too.
  • mgeeq
    mgeeq Posts: 21 Member
    My goal is less about weight loss and more about strength building. I'm changing careers from being a desk jockey to being a healthcare provider. I need to have better strength and endurance to deal with patients.
  • KaeTLN
    KaeTLN Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    One of my reasons is for my health. It's easier to get a handle on it now than wait when I'm older. I am considered obese for my body frame and height.
    Vanity also plays an impactful role in my lifestyle change. I want to look better in my clothes and such.
    I also want to get physically fit so I can look good (and feel good) in the skin I'm in. But, I want to be healthy on the inside as well.
    Great question! I've wondered this too. :)
  • jaymich001
    jaymich001 Posts: 12 Member
    My goal is to just loose my mommy pooch (never really lost 2 pregnancies of baby weight). All I want is to lose 20 pounds and fit into ALL my clothes. Hubby got me a fitbit (well its a Garmin vivosmart actually) for Christmas and I love it.
  • agdharry
    agdharry Posts: 41 Member
    To become light enough so I can fly
  • daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    Several reasons I need to lose weight. First is for my health, so that I can get off medications that sometimes I think cause more problems than they fix. I have last year finally relieved myself of a bad relationship and now I am intent on improving myself. I would be a lot more confident getting back into the social scene if I was happier about the way I look.