320lbs D1 Offensive Lineman to Fit

Options
I'm Austin. I have been a bigger guy my entire life. I am 6'4 with a 7' wing span.I was lucky enough to earn a D1 football scholarship. I had always thought that I needed to be the biggest guy, so I ate my way up to 320lbs. After weighing 320lbs for a few years, I became disgusted in myself and decided it was time to change my life. So, over the summer going into my sophomore football season, I lost 50lbs and got down to 270lbs. I wanted to lose more weight, but my coaches told me to gain weight back. So I gained back up to 280-290lbs and stayed there until my last football game. I went into my last football game weighing 280lbs, and now, 2 months later, I am down to 245lbs. I have been very inspired by people like yourselves, and I just wanted to share this story with y'all to thank you. I intend to lose down to around 220-230lbs, which will be 100lbs less than my highest weight, and hopefully stay around that weight for the rest of my life. Feel free to reply to this discussion with any questions or for just inspiration. Again, I appreciate you guys so much, even though I do not know you personally.

Replies

• FitFabJenny
    FitFabJenny Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration! You must feel so much better. Good luck on your final stretch and thanks for sharing. xxx
  • alyssagb1
    alyssagb1 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Great job so far! :-) :+1:
  • ripzone13
    ripzone13 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, way to go!
  • Cheryl7777
    Cheryl7777 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far. My grandson played football in school too. Sometimes what the coach expects is not always the healthiest for the players. I'm glad you are on the road to good health. Keep up the good work.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    good work!
  • gems74
    gems74 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success!!
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Great job
  • Yvonnie16
    Yvonnie16 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Wow. All you guys just blow my mind. Congrats.
  • Shull_rachael
    Shull_rachael Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • AnabolicKyle
    AnabolicKyle Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    also 6'4
    also trying to cut about 20lbs

good luck bruh
  • AustinAllen60
    AustinAllen60 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    bdqgmbvaamy6.png

Here is a transformation picture from over the last few years. I was 270lbs in the after pictures. Although I am 25lbs lighter now, I am waiting until I reach my goal of 230 to take more pictures. Kind of using it as motivation.
  • MrsMizart
    MrsMizart Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    Very well done lad! Lovely to hear you're getting a handle on your health at a young age. Well done.
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    You've done a great job! Thanks for your story.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You are doing very well. :) Congrats on the transformation.
  • Chris_2013
    Chris_2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Great pics and I was an OT #67 back in my playing days in high school. We had a massive offensive line lol. I am now 340 lbs on my way down to 230 as my goal. Cheers.
  • AustinAllen60
    AustinAllen60 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Would love to hear a little more detail on how you got there - I am around 320 right now and looking to get to 225 so very similar goals - would love to hear exactly what you did with food, exercise, etc.

I actually just weighed 233 on Friday, so in about 10 more pounds I'll be down 100lbs in all. The first 50 were very easy to lose. When I started, I still had 2 years of football left so just changing my diet and nutrition to about 3,000-3500 healthy calories a day was enough to lose 50 pounds. Once football ended, the next 50 were a bit tougher to lose. I'm still working out for 2 hours a day, but I have cut my calories even more to about 2,000 - 2500 calories, where half of it is protein. 225-250 grams of protein is what I strive for each day because I still want to have muscle. But now, I am doing weights in the morning for about an hour and then cardio and core work in the evening for about an hour.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Sir, I suggest you take that "college coaches wanted me heavier" line into a passionate fight against football concussions. The problem is that you extremely fast heavy guys are killing each other and the game can be played well by very healthy young men whose collisions are less energetic than collisions have become in the Refrigerator Perry era.
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • booboo8213
    booboo8213 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Awesome job ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!