Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Walking

Hello everyone, I am 49 yo who is trying to be more active and healthy. I have a lot of weight to lose. I weigh 220 and am 5'5". I joined a gym Jan 2016 and I have been walking the 2 mile walk the walk DVD 3 times per week and going to the gym 3 times per week. I am doing good so far so glad I found MFP. I use a Garmin Vivofit 2 to track my activity. I hit 10,000 steps today!!! Usually my goal is around 8,000 steps.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Yes! Walking so easy to do! Keep going!
  • judy_presson
    judy_presson Posts: 2 Member
    Thanks, I plan to.
  • daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    I applaud your commitment. I think walking is the most enjoyable form of exercise. My goal is to extend walking into long hikes, and I am building up to the time I will be able to go hiking all day if I want. I am only exercising 3 to 4 times a week but I am building up to your type of schedule. I have found out from past experience that if I try to push to hard with exercise that I get discouraged and quit, but I know that if I build up my schedule more slowly I will stick to it longer.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Congrats! I love to just walk sometimes. You should get an audible.com subscription for yourself as you walk - one of the best things I've done.