Walking

Options
Hello everyone, I am 49 yo who is trying to be more active and healthy. I have a lot of weight to lose. I weigh 220 and am 5'5". I joined a gym Jan 2016 and I have been walking the 2 mile walk the walk DVD 3 times per week and going to the gym 3 times per week. I am doing good so far so glad I found MFP. I use a Garmin Vivofit 2 to track my activity. I hit 10,000 steps today!!! Usually my goal is around 8,000 steps.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Yes! Walking so easy to do! Keep going!
  • judy_presson
    judy_presson Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks, I plan to.
  • daveharris54
    daveharris54 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I applaud your commitment. I think walking is the most enjoyable form of exercise. My goal is to extend walking into long hikes, and I am building up to the time I will be able to go hiking all day if I want. I am only exercising 3 to 4 times a week but I am building up to your type of schedule. I have found out from past experience that if I try to push to hard with exercise that I get discouraged and quit, but I know that if I build up my schedule more slowly I will stick to it longer.
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love to just walk sometimes. You should get an audible.com subscription for yourself as you walk - one of the best things I've done.