Daily calorie allowance

Options
Should you always consume your daily calorie allowance?

Replies

• steuartcj
    steuartcj Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I always try to get as close as possible daily. This includes my Macros. I await a more knowledgeable poster, but it has worked for me so far. Good luck.
  • TK6299
    TK6299 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I would agree with steuartcj, if you continually go under you can hurt your progress.
  • pchca
    pchca Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    For me, yes, but it took me a while to figure out what that number should be. Sedentary vs Lightly Active, eating back exercise cals, etc.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    If not daily, then weekly. Some people like to save extra calories to enjoy on the weekends or for special events.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight too quickly then you increase the likelihood of losing muscle (as well as fat). This is not good !

Keep an eye on your weight loss progress and if you find that you are losing too quickly then yes, you need to consume more of your allowance.

It doesn't have to be daily, though. So if it works better for you to eat more on certain days (eg the weekend) then that's ok.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    I use my Fitbit HR for calculating my activity and yes, I try to stay in a 500/day deficit. I also keep an eye on my macros but don't worry about one weird day here & there.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No, not if you are not hungry.