Celebrating small wins instead of harping on the "losses".

Options
As a long term dieter, I have historically focused on all the things I do wrong and bad as it pertains to my diet. Today, I decide to focus on the wins I have every day. For example, in the past I would said today was a loss because I started my morning with a chocolate chip cookie and ended with tacos. My new approach is to blow off the cookie as a moment of weakness (the were after all just sitting on the counter calling me and I was able to ignore them all day yesterday); and congratulate myself for my healthy breakfast and lunch choices and although I made tacos for dinner; I used lean turkey and instead of rice, I made black bean and corn salsa. So... I would say today was successful. Most of all I was able to avoid snacking at work on all the endless goodies we always have. So, my question to you.... What did you do good today?

Replies

• sadyia15
    sadyia15 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    It's tru initially I would wait for that miracle drop in weight. But instead I concentrate on the little things like wt I've eaten or hw active I've been. I recently did a 3 hr walk n felt amazing after.
  • RebekahRN83
    RebekahRN83 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I made the mistake of going to a meeting where I new there would be snacks (I had the choice not to go), BUT the positive that I'm choosing to focus on is that I only had 1/3 of the snacks I usually would have, still logged the Reeses Pieces and peanuts, and moved on. I threw the rest of the my bag of Reeses Pieces and Peanuts in the secretary's trash so that I would have to ask her to move her chair and watch me dig through the trash if I had a moment of weakness and wanted it back
  • ayslinn28
    ayslinn28 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Good idea, focusing on the positive.

Today I had sushi, and not all healthy sushi either. Some of it was the fried delicious kind with spicy mayo. BUT, I am proud of myself for being mindful about my food choices- I had water to drink when in the past I would have had coke, I filled up on edamame and miso soup and seaweed salad first so that I got as much healthy food in me as possible first, and I alternated bites of unhealthy sushi with a relatively healthy California roll. I also stopped when I was full instead of stuffing my face because there was still sushi left.

I'm calling that a win.
  • clf748
    clf748 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Calling quits with a full belly IS a win when there is still food left. Having been raised to belong to the "clean plate club", I struggle with that too. Congratulations on your mindfulness.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I over ate but what i ate was a salad.
  • Nell8i8
    Nell8i8 Posts: 61 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Today I started to feel really bloated after lunch due to a larger than usual intake of fat. My body just wasn't feeling well. I thought "for sure, no gym today". But that little beast in me said "no, just go and at least try to do some thing for 30 minutes". Sure enough after 30 minutes my adrenaline kicks in and I felt well enough to power through a whole hour! I'm proud of my little inner beast today.