New to MyFitnessPal

Options
I am new to MyFitnessPal and would love some friends for some encouragement!! Also anyone living in or around the same area would be great! I just had a baby 7 months ago. He has 2 older brothers 2 and 4 so finding me time to work out and eat right is SOO tough! But I NEED to do this for me and need to know that it is possible to reach my goal eventually. I think I get discouraged easily.

Thanks!!

Replies

• shawn_chas102304
    Options
    I don't know what area you are in but I would be happy to support and encourage you. I am in North East Indiana. I am a stay at home mom to a 2 and 5 year old. For me, early am is the best time to work out. Sometimes I set my alarm and get up before my girls are awake. But most days, I find something to occupy them for 30 mins so I can get my workout in. With the nicer weather, I let them go into the garage to play while I am out there on the treadmill. When I do my workout inside on the Wii, they workout with me or I do it while they are eating breakfast since I can see them at the table while I'm going it. If you're a night time showerer, maybe after they are in bed would work better for you. As for food, it's a daily struggle for me but I keep pushing thru. Even when I have a bad day where I over eat, I get right back at it the next day trying not the be discouraged.

GOODLUCK with your journey!!! :))
  • Addy0315
    Addy0315 Posts: 48
    Options
    Shawn- Hey thank you that is very helpful! I feel like I am over doing it I am NOT good at all about entering my food into this thing but I am doing good at entering the food! I I started going to the YMCA and I take the kids with me they love going and playing with the other kids. My little one though (I have 3) hates everyone! He is still nursing and wont take a bottle and still wakes up in the middle of the night so it is tough to run off no sleep! I do my best to do work outs in the morning but I just added the 30 day shred by Jillian Michaels to the mix of my YMCA. I use to the Wii and did the Biggest Loser Challenge BUT my 4 year old LOVES playing it and I know it sounds dumb but I hate having to change out the game ALL the time for him so it's easier to leave his in.
    I appreciate your help and hopefully I can help you too! Let me know if you think of any awesome dinner ideas? I am making Kabobs tomorrow =) and I had turkey and spinach burgers on wheat bread tonight.
  • sarahttini
    sarahttini Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou: I just sent you a friend request!