Garmin Vivofit 2

Options
Does anyone use this? If so, would you recommend it? Pros and cons?

Replies

• jandw122912
    jandw122912 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I'm wondering also... I'm getting a fittness tracker soon and I'm trying to decide which one.
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    I have one I like it. I got mine with the hem strap in a kit off amazon. It died after 3 months. Customer service sent me a new one no problem since. I have to sync it with phone at times and does not always sync w mfp.

I love how it's waterproof. It can withstand very hot water.

It can cause a rash on wrist.

It can come off if clasp is not properly locked.

It has a back light which vivo does not.

It can track running/ cycling/ steps on the connect as well as sleep. It also has a timer and beeps when you need to move.
    Garmin connect is the app or site where you set up your account it may have trouble to set initially but it took about 30 min a a YouTube video to figure out.
    It is not compatible with androids so you need a home computer or iPhone access if you want to sync and set it up or change anything.
  • ladytwilight72
    ladytwilight72 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Absolutely love mine
  • LottieStanley
    LottieStanley Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I have one and I love it. I haven't figured out how to sync to MFP yet. I had bought a Fitbit but couldn't get it to work.
  • bisky
    bisky Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I bought a garmin and it did not keep accurate mileage or steps while in mountains. My husband gave me his Fitbit and it is much more accurate when I compare it to my mileage on the the app: Map my Walk. I also got the fitbit to sync to MFP but could not get the garmin to sync.

I love the Fitbit. I really wanted to like my purple garmin.
  • haniani
    haniani Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I have the vivofit 2. I love it! Mine connects with my android phone without a problem. I found it more accurate than my fitbit flex (I used that for a year before I got my vivofit 2) and I love the fact it's waterproof so I can wear it in the shower or swimming pool. I also like that it shows me how close to my target number of steps I am more specifically than 5 lights, and when I go over my target it shows how far which my fitbit didn't.
    I've not had any problems with the vivofit syncing to mfp at all. I also love that it's a watch as well so I only have one thing on my wrist.
  • c_l_phillips72
    c_l_phillips72 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Do any of these fitness trackers track calories burned during an activity, or is there just a single accumulative number provided for the whole day? Wondering if it would tell me, based on my heart rate, age, weight, etc how many calories I burned while running/walking on the treadmill, and keep that number separate from calories I burned other ways throughout the day.
  • Lindie16
    Lindie16 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Do any of these fitness trackers track calories burned during an activity, or is there just a single accumulative number provided for the whole day? Wondering if it would tell me, based on my heart rate, age, weight, etc how many calories I burned while running/walking on the treadmill, and keep that number separate from calories I burned other ways throughout the day.

Vivofit 2 has an activity mode that can be activated by holding a button on the tracker for a few seconds. It then starts a stopwatch which you can stop when your done and it tracks your exercise activity and tracks "active calories" in the app. I found that those active calories will sync to MFP as exercise calories. So you can get a picture of your exercise vs everyday activity pretty easily.

• ddebruhl
    ddebruhl Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input guys! It helped!
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    I wish I could get a vivofit 2. It fixes most of the problems with my vivofit 1. I love my vivofit too much. Its a major part of my maintenance program. I have to use a HR monitor to trigger new activities but it does keep it separate within garmin connect. Someone with a vivofit2 can correct me but once you click the stop/start it should be fed to garmin connect and then you can reclassify it to the right activity. From that point you should be able to produce detailed reports and track your personal bests.
  • upoffthemat
    upoffthemat Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have one and I have found that the steps are not hugely accurate, but it is a decent guide at the least for what I am doing and I really like sleep mode since I have a lot of sleep issues. The one I have does have a heart monitor that it syncs with for exercising and that is really nice to have. It isn't the greatest tracker in the world, but for the price it really helps with accountability and delivers a fair amount of bang for the buck
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    makingmark wrote: »
    I have one and I have found that the steps are not hugely accurate, but it is a decent guide at the least for what I am doing and I really like sleep mode since I have a lot of sleep issues. The one I have does have a heart monitor that it syncs with for exercising and that is really nice to have. It isn't the greatest tracker in the world, but for the price it really helps with accountability and delivers a fair amount of bang for the buck

did you change the custom settings? I adjusted mine for both walking and running and I am fine with the accuracy level.
  • goodeater24
    goodeater24 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for about 2 weeks and generally like it. I had a fitbit HR for about a month, and returned it primarily because I couldn't read the display in the bright sun and I like to walk on the beach where there is no shade. I figure, it I buy a tracker, I want to see what it's tracking. I wish that syncing on the Vivofit 2 was easier - Fitbit did it every time I went to the fitbit desktop. My problem now is that the sleep monitor isn't working. It showed I went to bed 3 hours earlier than I actually did last night. Anyone else having this problem? I can't remember where to go to manually input the sleep time.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    I have had mine for about 2 weeks and generally like it. I had a fitbit HR for about a month, and returned it primarily because I couldn't read the display in the bright sun and I like to walk on the beach where there is no shade. I figure, it I buy a tracker, I want to see what it's tracking. I wish that syncing on the Vivofit 2 was easier - Fitbit did it every time I went to the fitbit desktop. My problem now is that the sleep monitor isn't working. It showed I went to bed 3 hours earlier than I actually did last night. Anyone else having this problem? I can't remember where to go to manually input the sleep time.

In the app when you see the snapshots and it shows the sleep time, click on that. You should see Edit and you can manually input the time. These last few nights the time seems to be showing less sleep than I usually have (I went to bed earlier). Not sure what time I actually feel asleep though.