Options
aprilfain
aprilfain Posts: 2 Member

Joseph's whole wheat Lavash Bread 100 calories
Classic spicy red pepper pasta sauce.
50 calories. 1/2 cup
Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese.
45 calories. 1/4 cup

Spread sauce over flat bread, top with cheese.
I add lots of vegetables like onions, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, banana peppers
Sprinkle red pepper flakes to add some heat.
Sprinkle Italian seasoning
Bake 425 until cheese melts. Maybe 7 to 10 minutes.
I like to eat so I consider this 1 serving

Replies

• pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,965 Member
    Options
    Where do you find Joseph's whole wheat Lavash Bread
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Moderate calorie pizza

Pizza crust rolled thin (www.pizzacrustyeast.com/Search.aspx?category=crust)
    Your favorite pizza sauce
    2% mozzarella - it actually melts and browns some (not rubbery like fat free)
    Veggies &/or mushrooms
    Turkey pepperoni (70% less fat)...slices are a little stiff. Cut into quarters.
  • aprilfain
    aprilfain Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I find the Joseph's bread in the deli section of Wal Mart
  • erm99x
    erm99x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had a pizza tonight that I made with a tortilla wrap as the Base
  • Colorscheme
    Colorscheme Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    I use whole wheat flour, yeast, hot water, tomato sauce and 2 oz fresh mozzarella. Comes out to five hundred cals or so for a pizza that's bigger than a plate.
  • rbratt06
    rbratt06 Posts: 2,971 Member
    Options
  • sjbtiger
    sjbtiger Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    aprilfain wrote: »
    Joseph's whole wheat Lavash Bread 100 calories
    Classic spicy red pepper pasta sauce.
    50 calories. 1/2 cup
    Kraft fat free mozzarella cheese.
    45 calories. 1/4 cup

Spread sauce over flat bread, top with cheese.
    I add lots of vegetables like onions, green peppers, black olives, mushrooms, banana peppers
    Sprinkle red pepper flakes to add some heat.
    Sprinkle Italian seasoning
    Bake 425 until cheese melts. Maybe 7 to 10 minutes.
    I like to eat so I consider this 1 serving

I've eaten this several times and it is a great way to have pizza without blowing your calorie (and carb) count!
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I have to say....even if you're desperate for pizza but REALLY need to cheap out on the calories, there's absolutely nothing that could make me use fat free cheese. It's an abomination. At the bare minimum, an ounce of the 2% mozzarella is only 70 calories, as compared to your 45. Please, for the love of all that's holy, spend the extra 25 calories. There are NO calories more worth it than those 25.

Other than that, good recipe.
  • boxfish100
    boxfish100 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Joseph's lavash bread FTW. Makes for very tasty chicken enchiladas also. In the UK we can order Joseph's lavash bread from musclefoods or avidcarb via mail order. I tend to use lower fat cheese on mine instead of 0% fat cheese, but to each their own :smile:
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had a similar pizza last night

I used 2 LaTortilla Factory Mini Soft Wraps Fiesta, Contadina pizza sauce, red onions, mixed bell peppers, and black olives, with fresh mozzarella and some shaved parmesan (not a lot of cheese, just a bit scattered on top). I pre baked the tortillas before putting on the toppings. Total calories a bit under 250.

I may just have it again tonight for supper. Really yummy!
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    Thin crust
    No sauce or maybe just a bit of olive oil (I can't eat tomatoes)
    Seasonings
    2% or full fat cheese (I find I use less due to it having more flavor and fat is good)
    All the vegetables

If I have the calories then I add chicken or even Italian sausage. Just depends. Sometimes I will use a wrap base when I make one for a fast lunch, but for my dinner I want the real deal.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    BarbieAS wrote: »
    I have to say....even if you're desperate for pizza but REALLY need to cheap out on the calories, there's absolutely nothing that could make me use fat free cheese. It's an abomination. At the bare minimum, an ounce of the 2% mozzarella is only 70 calories, as compared to your 45. Please, for the love of all that's holy, spend the extra 25 calories. There are NO calories more worth it than those 25.

Other than that, good recipe.

God yes.
  • ahawkx
    ahawkx Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Lavash bread is my favorite! I use it for wraps, burritos, and yes especially pizzas!

As for the cheese debate - trader Joe's has an AMAZING reduced fat mozzarella that is only 45 calories an ounce and it melts like normal (a good minute under the broiler at the end of cooking gives it a good brown too)