Yoga dvds

Options
i am wondering what yoga dvds people like. Particularly beginner/ intermediate ability

Replies

• rlpomeroy
    rlpomeroy Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    If you have Amazon Prime, there are a bunch of them available on there for free.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    I like the Element series DVDs.

Here's a website with video clips & reviews. They list the level too.

http://www.collagevideo.com/collections/flexibility-exercise-videos
  • scottish_laura_13
    scottish_laura_13 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I use a few different ones, try youtube for some free ones including 30 day challenges to build it up
    otherwise I like the elements yoga like teabea said and the Jillian Michaels yoga burn is quite fast/hard
    im a beginner again due to an injury 9months ago so im just building my yoga up with some you tube videos until I feel flexible enough to do the dvds again
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i am a huge fan of more traditional yoga. i enjoy shiva rea's dvds and rodney yee's
    shiva usually has a matrix so you can specialize what you want for a practice that day. she is more flow

rodney breaks everything down and explains it all. he is hatha and power
  • daizzi
    daizzi Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I love the Yoga Zone DVDs. There are few different titles out there and they have beginner/intermediate videos. They are only 20 minutes so if I am running short on time, I still feel like I got a good workout in.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I like anything with Ana Brett and Ravi Singh. They teach kundalini yoga. It is not for everyone (quite different from hatha or flow); it has a lot of repeated movements and some chanting (which you can skip by setting up your workouts in their matrix on the DVDs). But it is perfect for me. I am very stiff some mornings and kundalini yoga helps get me moving without injury. I hate vinyasa/flow (personal preference -- there's nothing wrong with it if that's your thing) and find moving through a series of static poses to be kind of boring. So kundalini yoga works for me.
  • paulandrachelk
    paulandrachelk Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Wai Lana
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I also like the Element video but I recommend following Yoga w/ Adriene on YouTube. She post new yoga vids every Wednesday. She has tons of vids. Right now she's doing a 30 day yoga camp.
  • croderiques
    croderiques Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    So awesome! Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm going to check them out.