Advice :)

Options
LoGeThA
LoGeThA Posts: 6 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi! :)

I would like some advice...I am eating around 1000-1200 calories per day and starting doing sport 6/7 per week: 4 days 30 minutes of cardio kickboxing and 2 days 1 hour and a half of kickboxing. Do I eat too little? I quit eating fast food, sweets, I eat as many fruit&veggies as I can, porridge, rice, sometimes spaghetti with vegetables...oh and I am 26 years old (woman) :smile:

Replies

• Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I would eat more if you are hungry.

I am set to 1200/day but exercise about 10-15 hours a week. I eat now 1400 to accommodate for the exercise. Some days I eat 1000, some days 1200 some 1800. I try to look at it over a week and allow for big days out.

If you are hungry eat within reason. If you are not hungry - I wouldn't stress. Listen to your body.
  • scfarrant
    scfarrant Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    In response to your question, I would say for that amount of exercise you are probably eating too little.

The minimum safe calorie amount is 1200 daily. I work with that but it is net -- therefore before exercise I am actually eating about 1400-1500 and then with some exercise it goes to 1200... well, on a good day!

Good for you though, sounds like you are really smashing it!!! Keep the momentum up, but make sure you take care of yourself, otherwise the lifestyle and the weight loss are unsustainable...
  • LoGeThA
    LoGeThA Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks a lot expatmommy79 and scfarrant for answering :smile: .

Hmm, when I exercise at home, I do it in the morning, before I eat anything. Is this bad? Honestly, for me, these are pretty intense exercises since I used to have a very sedentary life but I love them, and if I eat before I feel like puking during the exercises. When I go to the gym, I go in the night so I eat like 2 hours before.
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I prefer to train in the morning before i've eaten, its actually a good thing, based on lots of research, to eat on an empty stomach first thing...still important to have a glass of water as you wake (room temperature) and important to eat quickly after training.

Also its important to listen to your body as lots of people prefer different routines, so if it works for you, as it does me, then stick to it.

As for eating, I'm not great with cals but I would say try to get into a more even routine or 4-5 meals each day and try to keep the difference in cals between days closer.
  • Expatmommy79
    Expatmommy79 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    LoGeThA wrote: »
    Thanks a lot expatmommy79 and scfarrant for answering :smile: .

Hmm, when I exercise at home, I do it in the morning, before I eat anything. Is this bad? Honestly, for me, these are pretty intense exercises since I used to have a very sedentary life but I love them, and if I eat before I feel like puking during the exercises. When I go to the gym, I go in the night so I eat like 2 hours before.

It doesn't really make a difference if you eat before or after or not for a while after. I do my morning exercise on an empty stomach. Evenings a few hours after lunch and right before diner.

Don't eat if you feel like puking.