Help with the last 7lbs please

Options
I am 5ft

SW was 130
CW is 125
GW is 117 or possible smaller

I just cant seem to lose that last 7lbs!!! I have been trying for years and I get down as far as 125 (once managed 123) and cannot get any lower.

I cannot get to the gym much as I a SAHM of a 3 year old,

My exercise consists of walking and cleaning at the moment and perhaps a weekly gym session if my hubby is home from work before the gym closes. I cant manage exercise DVDs as the little one is up at 6.00am til 7.30pm and once I have got him to bed, made our dinner and done some ironing or chores, I go to bed.

I am not making excuses, it is just the way it is atm, This will change when he starts pre school in May. I try and stay as active as possible with him throughout the day,

Please can someone give some advise on the last stubborn lbs.

Oh and the naughty snacks over the last few days have been due to the fact he has been up most nights and I am exhausted.

Replies

• fknlardarse
    fknlardarse Posts: 210 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Take a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if you really NEED to go less. If you're carrying a lot of muscle and are otherwise fit, maybe your body is simply more comfortable at a slightly higher weight. :) Either way, being an exhausted mom with a wee one is worth cutting yourself some slack. Promise yourself that you'll maintain your current weight, and don't stress it until you're getting enough sleep and the munchkin is in preschool some of the day. :)
  • eviegreen
    eviegreen Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Firstly, I do want to say it's great that you're maintaining. Being that close to your goal and being able to maintain your current weight is difficult for a lot of folks, especially us short ladies!

But do understand that since you have so few pounds to lose, it will come off very slowly and you will have to be quite vigilant in logging your food here. The gym isn't necessary for weight loss (though it's great for overall health and body aesthetics); the only thing necessary for weight loss is burning more calories than you consume. That's it.

I'd suggest a few things:

1. Log everything you consume into MFP, including any liquid calories (sodas, wine, etc). If you pick up a snack, log it. If you add ketchup to your burger, log it. Log everything.

2. If you're not weighing out your portions using a digital food scale, now would be the time to try. A lot of people come onto MFP and sort of sporadically log -- they use cups for solid foods, spoons for things like peanut butter, and wonder why they're not losing any weight. It's very easy to underestimate your calories using cups and spoons.

Weigh out your solids in grams (including packaged food. Don't use "one roll" or "a large apple"), check the package against the MFP database to make sure the information there is correct, use cups for liquids only.

3. Since you have so few pounds to lose, set your loss goal to something slow and easy, like 0.5 lbs per week. At a loss of around 2 lbs per month, you'll reach your goal by spring!

4. Though some people suggest weighing once a week or once every two weeks, I find it super helpful to weigh in every day and input that number into an app like Libra or a website like Trend Weight. That way the app records each daily weight fluctuation, but I can see that the overall trend is my weight going down.

Best of luck to you!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and 114 pounds. I started up again back at the end of June at 139 pounds, so our stats are somewhat similar.

I'll tell you right now that I do not feel I could have come this far without a food scale. Granted I exercise five to six days per week, but even with weight loss in the past by counting without a food scale, my lowest weight was 111 pounds when I was always on my feet working retail and that low weight didn't even last too long. I had always maintained around 115 with logging but not weighing. This time, my food scale has allowed me to have the utmost precision and it's very easy for me to predict my trends. Since you don't have much time in your day to work out, your food logging needs to be that much more precise. I promise you that with the use of a food scale you will crack 125.
  • crb426
    crb426 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    You didn't say anything about your calories. Are you meeting your daily goal? Start with tightening up your calories and reaching your goal each day. Exercise is great, but your food should be your focus right now.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    250 per day cut on calories to lose 0.5lbs a week

get rigorous on intake logging, use a food scale, double check every entry, log every mouthful

it's about what you eat not how you workout
  • Gianfranco_R
    Gianfranco_R Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

get rigorous on intake logging, use a food scale, double check every entry, log every mouthful

after 2 years, I hope she has already reached her goal weight.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

checks OP ... :bigsmile: well FFS
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Activity level is a relatively small part of the equation. What's your food intake like? Are you weighing everything accurately, and logging?

If you've been trying for years, and assuming that includes accurately weighing and logging your food intake -- I would seriously consider not just the effort that will be required to reach a lower weight, but the effort that will be required to maintain that weight. I'm a bit shorter than you and currently weigh 114. Yes, with effort and willpower I could push my weight lower. But realistically I know that maintaining a much lower weight than where I'm at right now isn't something I could do or want to do.
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options

LOL! My brain just saw January but didn't look at the year. @fknlardarse is such a troll for resurrecting the thread unless that's the OP under a different account trying to get advice.