Very confused and disheartened

Options
I've been counting every single calorie for two weeks, using this app, I've only lost 2lb, is that normal or I'm just impatient.. But the strange thing is I've lost 5ins of various parts? How does that work lol

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Are you using a food scale?
  • LuizH
    LuizH Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    2lbs in 2 weeks is a nice steady loss. If you're losing inches too you're definitely doing something right, scale weight is not always the best measure of fat loss.

Be patient :smiley:
  • workout_ninja
    workout_ninja Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    so you have lost a pound a week and 5 inches but youre unhappy? thats fantastic progress, i cant imagine what else you would be hoping for!
  • Ian_Davies
    Ian_Davies Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    1 lb a week is good, and yes you can get to 2 lbs a week but I would be pleased with the 5inch loss.

There is not a lot of detail to help in your post but if you are training, you might ave also put on muscle weight while burning fat. If you are drinking a lot and have a good fibre intake you might also be losing water weight, and your system will need a few weeks to adjust.

Losing any weight is a success, tightening up by losing inches is a success, just stick with it...as everyone said to me when i first started...this is a marathon...not a sprint...if you sprint you will give up and put it all back on...make small lifestyle changes and make them positive habits...and you'll be fine.
  • glosh64
    glosh64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Nope, I'm using the scanner on the fitness app, that tells me the calories and I go for most food that has the Cal's already on them. I'm sticking to 1200 a day
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Yes but how much of what you are scanning are you eating?

Double check what comes through against the pack - weigh the food you're eating, log it by grammes

That said 2lbs in 2 weeks is a great healthy weight loss so you seem to be on the right path

glosh64 wrote: »
    Nope, I'm using the scanner on the fitness app, that tells me the calories and I go for most food that has the Cal's already on them. I'm sticking to 1200 a day
  • glosh64
    Options
    so you have lost a pound a week and 5 inches but youre unhappy? thats fantastic progress, i cant imagine what else you would be hoping for!

Your right, I'm expecting too much of myself, I think it's because I lost 5 stone in just under a year and thinking I can lose 20 lb that I've managed to put back on, will come off as quick as it went on :) if only.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Be patient. :)
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Yes but how much of what you are scanning are you eating?

Double check what comes through against the pack - weigh the food you're eating, log it by grammes

That said 2lbs in 2 weeks is a great healthy weight loss so you seem to be on the right path

You need to check the accuracy of the entries too - i dont use the scanner as I find there's way too many errors.
  • fireguy262
    fireguy262 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    In EMS, they say treat the patient, not the monitor....in weightloss, its look at the person, not the scale. A pound a week is good, 5 inches in 2 weeks is great. The number on the scale might not go down but they way you feel and look will change
  • glosh64
    Options
    Not sure what I just did, trying to reply to one person, so will do it altogether until I get used to this.

Thank you for all your replies :)
    Maybe I am expecting way too much of myself, I'm not training but I am drinking my daily allowances and more some days, to the point, I may as well move into the bathroom lol.
    Im 5ft tall and weigh 10st 7, so I have around 18lb to lose but then I think that will take me another 18 weeks to lose, that's when being inpatient kicks in and I just want to run the shop for the nearest chocolate cake lol, but I promise I'll not do that.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,943 Member
    Options
    You may want to try to take it a bit easier this time. Instead of 'losing weight', how about training yourself on how you should be eating and moving to maintain your goal weight?

You lost 60+... you gained 20... you are classically in the process of yo-yoing.

Change this.

Set yourself to lose no more than half a lb a week and spend the next 40 weeks to 80 weeks learning how you ought to be eating in order to maintain your weight loss.

Because the difference between being set at -250 (and probably achieving half of that reliably) is a lunchtime walk, or a candy bar, or couple of slices of bread, or a glass of wine.

In any case: by the time you get there you will know what you need to do in order to stay there!
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    Not sure what I just did, trying to reply to one person, so will do it altogether until I get used to this.

Maybe I am expecting way too much of myself, I'm not training but I am drinking my daily allowances and more some days, to the point, I may as well move into the bathroom lol.
    Im 5ft tall and weigh 10st 7, so I have around 18lb to lose but then I think that will take me another 18 weeks to lose, that's when being inpatient kicks in and I just want to run the shop for the nearest chocolate cake lol, but I promise I'll not do that.

yes pls do be patient. those 18 pounds may take awhile to lose but keep at it and you will do it
    cake is alright in moderation.
    good luck
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    When you've got 18lbs to lose and you're over 50 1lb a week is really good.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

18 weeks is going to go by whether you are monitoring your diet or not

and tbh once you get to goal you're going to have to continue to monitor your diet in order to maintain

you can eat chocolate cake - just count the calories

if you start walking more or moving more you can earn more calories

are you meaning meal replacements rather than real food? I'd personally try to adjust that to real food so you have a learning curve because it's all about changing and learning so you don't ever have to do this again
  • glosh64
    Options
    Thank you, I've taken all your advice on board and will check in next week :) take care and thank you again

• Reemule
    Reemule Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I have lost 19lb in 5 months, some weeks I lose very little but mostly it has been steady. However the best thing has been losing the inches. I measure every 2 weeks and some weeks I have lost very little but the inches are coming off instead.

I do gym work and my wife said the other day that the side view of me was amazing, something I an't really see and she said my ribs were sticking out and she could see my appendectomy scar clearly as well.

So I measure my success by weight, fitness and inches and you don't need to do well in all 3 every week meaning there is always something to be positive about, eg inches don't move or weight but I have pushed further at the gym and fitness is still improving.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,626 Member
    Options
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    2 lbs in 2 weeks is great. Be patient!
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Just remember weight that comes off slower is more likely to stay off, because your methods arent too extreme to maintain!