Do I need to gain weight?

Hello I was wondering if I should gain weight because when I try on women's clothes they don't fit me and I have a body like a kid women's clothes used to fit me fine??

Replies

• AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    It would be more helpful if you could give us some stats (height, weight, etc.)
  • 5thHarmonyx
    5thHarmonyx Posts: 37 Member
    AJ_G wrote: »

I'm short so that could be why, my height is 4 ft 11 my weight is 95 pounds
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    I know in the us they changed sizing around in the last 15 years or so.you may want to check the juniors section. why would you gain weight? unless you are underweight I dont see why you would want to. check out the petite sections too. you may have to have some clothing altered. my sons gf is your height too so the struggle is real. she justs weighs more than you do.
  • 5thHarmonyx
    I know in the us they changed sizing around in the last 15 years or so.you may want to check the juniors section. why would you gain weight? unless you are underweight I dont see why you would want to. check out the petite sections too. you may have to have some clothing altered. my sons gf is your height too so the struggle is real. she justs weighs more than you do.

I have no *kitten* or boobs and my hip bones and ribs stick out I always hit my hips on something because they stick out, when I weighed a bit more I had some nice curves
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    What I'm gathering from your comments is that you would personally feel better at a higher weight. If that is the case, then gain weight.

Your height lists you at a healthy weight for you, but in all honesty, the person you should be consulting with this questions is your doctor. Your doctor could advise you better on your personal situation and whether you are actually a healthy weight for your frame.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey

I have no *kitten* or boobs and my hip bones and ribs stick out I always hit my hips on something because they stick out, when I weighed a bit more I had some nice curves

you could always try and build some muscle. that would change your body and you can build your butt up some(or at least look like you have a bigger butt). you may not get bigger boobs by gaining weight though. some of us are meant to have small boobs .mine never increased with my weight gain.you will have curves too.
  • 5thHarmonyx

you could always try and build some muscle. that would change your body and you can build your butt up some(or at least look like you have a bigger butt). you may not get bigger boobs by gaining weight though. some of us are meant to have small boobs .mine never increased with my weight gain.you will have curves too.

My boobs were 34 dd now they won't fill out my c bra I don't know how because I haven't lost that much but I haven't been eating much and the weight has seemed to gone off my boobs and bottom
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    weight loss/fat comes off where it wants to. so sometimes it comes off in those places quicker than others. for some you dont have to lose a lot of weight to lose a lot of your boobs. sucks I know.
  • Vcorz
    Vcorz Posts: 75 Member
    You could gain to 110 pounds and still be healthy....why not give that a try and see if you feel better?
  • flimflamajam
    flimflamajam Posts: 3 Member
    just buy kids clothes. theyre cheaper anyway
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    AJ_G wrote: »

I'm short so that could be why, my height is 4 ft 11 my weight is 95 pounds

Most women I know that have your height and weight stats are perfectly fine but a little extra weight wouldn't hurt either. It's my understanding that finding clothes that fit at your size isn't easy but that's not necessarily a good reason to gain.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    finding clothes for women at any size isnt easy when nothing is universal when it comes to size. I can buy 2 pairs of jeans,same cut,same brand,same size and one will fit and the other wont. look at the tag and each pair was made in a different country. I have to try EVERYTHING on. some things I wear a smaller size and some a few sizes larger. womens clothing has become a joke. and forget if you have any type of muscles in your thighs or anywhere else. unless you buy expensive jeans that are for curvy women.even when I was a plus size I had the same issue.OP you may have to try things on before you buy. or find a company that their clothing runs small(aeropostale is one)
  • Wheelhouse15
    Wheelhouse15 Posts: 5,575 Member
    edited January 2016
    finding clothes for women at any size isnt easy when nothing is universal when it comes to size. I can buy 2 pairs of jeans,same cut,same brand,same size and one will fit and the other wont. look at the tag and each pair was made in a different country. I have to try EVERYTHING on. some things I wear a smaller size and some a few sizes larger. womens clothing has become a joke. and forget if you have any type of muscles in your thighs or anywhere else. unless you buy expensive jeans that are for curvy women.even when I was a plus size I had the same issue.OP you may have to try things on before you buy. or find a company that their clothing runs small(aeropostale is one)

Vanity sizing is real, even men's pants aren't what you would think anymore. Unless you are buying a dress pant or classic cut you are probably getting a waist measurement that is 2 - 4" greater than advertised. That seems very odd but my dress pant size is 28 to 30" depending on where I am in my bulk/cut cycle but I'll need a belt for a lot of jeans.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    thing is hubby can buy jeans and not try them on and they fit ,its not fair lol but then he doesnt have my curves. would look funny if he did
  • annebenson96
    annebenson96 Posts: 8 Member
    Just go to jrs department
  • heidilucia13
    heidilucia13 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm 5 ..and I have only 92lb....I buy my clothes in Abercrombie ...Hollister ..bebe....rute 21 ...forever 21 ...gap ...guess...and I look great ...but I trying to gain 10lb...more so I can look more beautiful ...

My suggestion is go a buy your clothes in store that carries your size and game 10 or 5lb more ...because you only 4.11 .