Worth extra cals for more protein.. but no fiber?

Options
I'm tossing up between which of these two spreads is going to be my regular for toast and sandwiches etc. Does anyone have any advice on which way I should go? The top one has more cals, but way more protein, less carbs, similar sodium, but way less (i.e. no) fiber.. the lower one has fewer calories, less but still decent protein, way more carbs, but has slightly less sodium, no fat, and way more fiber. I will probably be eating around 20-30 grams per day, so around 25% of these values. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Cals Protein Carbs Sodium Fat Fiber
Kraft - Vegemite (Concentrated Yeast Extract), 100 g 190 26 2 3,460 2 0
Marmite - Spread (New Zealand), 100 g 160 16 16 3,400 0 12

Replies

• rockstar714
    Options
    Fiber helps you feel fuller longer, so if it was me, I would go for the more fiber one.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    I would go for the marmite. The calories are inconsequential.
  • FatUncleRob
    FatUncleRob Posts: 341
    Options
    Having eaten both, I find it really weird that there's such a difference in the fiber. :huh:

Are those figures from the containers?
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    marmite tastes way better! go with the tastiest one! it's not like you're bathing in it, you're having a bit on toast. you've got to have something you like.
    which do you prefer?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Truthfully, I think they are both horrible...
  • aaaaaamyyyyyyy
    Options
    Haha, I'm a freak, I love both of them - and with no butter or margerine. Fiber isn't even listed on the vegemite, so it may have some.
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Frankly for the amount one uses the fibre is negligible - personally I will never eat 100g in a go .... most probably 15 - 20 g max (eat brocolli or cauliflower for your fibre :-)) - so it should be about which one you like better - I am a Vegemite girl!!