Insanity Program Results

Options
e_v_v
e_v_v Posts: 131 Member
Hi everyone!

I'm currently working through the Insanity program (by BeachBody) and am curious of others' results who have also tried this program. I have two weeks left and can honestly say I'm not seeing many results. I stick to a healthy diet and am not seeing quite the transformation I expected.

If you've tried and completed this program, how did you feel about it? Did you get the results you were looking for?

Replies

• FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    What kind of transformation were you hoping to achieve with the program? I think it's a great program to get you in good cardio condition.
  • e_v_v
    Options
    What kind of transformation were you hoping to achieve with the program? I think it's a great program to get you in good cardio condition.

I was hoping to lose fat but found all of my muscles, especially quads, getting bigger. If I'd wanted to build muscle, then I would have tried P90X..
  • lindsayh87
    lindsayh87 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    cu72c0y5cf5e.jpg

These are my results from the first 60 day round incompleted. Scale wise, I didn't lose as much as I wanted but I lost a ton of inches and my cardio endurance has never been better. :) perhaps you need to push yourself harder or focus more on calorie intake.
  • FitGirl0123
    FitGirl0123 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    Losing fat has everything to do with your diet. As for muscle, you are always going to see more muscle when you lose fat because you're shredding away layers that are hiding your muscle. Do you have pics for reference? If you are eating a deficit you are not building muscle. You can make some very slight newbie gains but for actual muscle building you need to be eating at a surplus.
  • e_v_v
    Options
    These are my "before" pictures. I'm 5'3" and have been a gymnast all my life, so I've always had a lot of muscle. Wanted to lose a little more fat and even decrease some of that muscle through the program; I haven't had much luck. cnbx1hpkq8tj.jpeg
    dpbb5xd5i8irq.jpeg
    698kpdbv3wxf.jpeg
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    Options
    You won't really lose fat without your diet being on point, no workout will really help with that!
  • wheelsjad
    wheelsjad Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eating right along with doing Insanity is the key...the workout by itself wont have as great of results without the proper foodm5x1tt587kem.jpg
  • pandabear_
    pandabear_ Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    When you guys say "eat right", do you mean to eat within your calories on MFP? Or to be eating lots of special things? I'm doing Insanity too, but not following the diet programme. I'm vegetarian and cook at home a lot, mostly vegetable dishes. I haven't seen any body changes (inches or scale) yet since starting Insanity. I'm now on the recovery week.
  • mdpeoples
    mdpeoples Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I didn't follow the "insanity food plan", I just ate better and smaller portions, but I ended up losing 23 pounds by the end. I'm seriously considering doing a round 2! I absolutely loved my results with Insanity!
  • e_v_v
    Options
    pandabear_ wrote: »
    When you guys say "eat right", do you mean to eat within your calories on MFP? Or to be eating lots of special things? I'm doing Insanity too, but not following the diet programme. I'm vegetarian and cook at home a lot, mostly vegetable dishes. I haven't seen any body changes (inches or scale) yet since starting Insanity. I'm now on the recovery week.

That's a great question. Quality or quantity? Which is more important?
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I lost more inches than pounds while doing it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ebrass73 wrote: »
    pandabear_ wrote: »

That's a great question. Quality or quantity? Which is more important?

When speaking in terms of weight loss, calories are always king. You can eat "clean", vegan, paleo, low-carb or however you want, but if your calories out aren't greater than your calories in, you won't lose weight.
  • AverageJoeFit
    AverageJoeFit Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I will say that I was a lot heavier then most people that have posted here, but I'll tell you my results.

I have lost 50+ lbs doing Insanity. I didn't follow the eating plan in the slightest. I just simply used MFP and subtracted the 500 calories from my diet and got results.

My wife on the other hand has lost 30 lbs doing Insanity, but she couldn't just workout and cut calories to loose weight. She had to pay very close attention to her Macro's. If she stayed under 20% fat a day she saw her results. It was hard to get the protein that she needed and stay low on fat, but that's when she saw the best results.

Just my 2 cents.