30lbs lost in 18 days! Going for 110 more! Who's in?

Options
quanjayjjones
quanjayjjones Posts: 5 Member
edited January 2016 in Motivation and Support
I started a 10 day fast and kept going. I only ate nuts, seeds, fruits, green leaf vegetables, fish, and eggs. I was hardly hungry and I actually had to make myself eat most of the time. O I forgot... Lots of exercise was involved in that accomplishment as well. I went from 365lbs to 335lbs and I started on January 4th. Sometimes I want to quit though, and pick me up a box of zebra cakes and go to work. I was once over 500lbs and I got down to 275, but that was a few years ago. I put on more weight and I'm back at it again, trying to get to 225lbs. I need some motivation and help to keep it off.

Replies

• SmartDad73
    SmartDad73 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • quanjayjjones
    Options
    Sounds good brother
  • oscarv0121
    oscarv0121 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    2009-2010 we're my golden years. I had gone from 230 to 155 in a matter of months. I kept the weight down for several months. Sadly mid 2010 I started falling off the wagon. Lost my job, relationship issues, so I turned to food to alleviate any pain I had. It's 2016 now, I currently weight 284. I've been slacking off for far too long. So I'm in!!!!
  • nadnkev
    nadnkev Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good for you, great job. A couple of years ago went from 245 to 166, working out about 5 times a week. Over time changed jobs and didn't have as much time to exercise. Put on about 40 lbs to 204, need to get back down. Still feel great but can feel better. Count me in.
  • quanjayjjones
    Options
    Let's get it in then fellas... I just got home from the gym.
  • sonnydaniels
    sonnydaniels Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm here for you bro--I am trying to get down to 200 lbs...I will send you a friend request so we can keep each other motivated
  • quanjayjjones
    Options
    How's it going... I just hit my target on the elliptical; I did 65 minutes, but I was aiming for an hour.
  • hittrain
    hittrain Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love the attitude! I'm down 11.3 in two weeks; on the way from 390 - 265. I haven't made the time to exercise and get that started but I'm motivated by seeing people get after to it!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    30 pounds in 3 weeks is a really fast loss! Please be careful to focus on your health, not just weight loss. You can really hurt yourself by losing too quickly.

Also, as someone who has lost large amounts and then gain it back, I would like to say that you should try to find a way of eating that will work for your whole life. Think of this time while you are losing weight as a time for experimenting to find a new way of eating and exercising and being healthy that will be doable once you get to your goal.

Just my thoughts, I hope you don't mind the un-asked-for advice! Your enthusiasm is contagious! Thanks!