Surpassed my goal weight...

Options
chevy88grl
chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
And now it is time to move to the next phase of this journey - maintenance.

My original goal was 150lbs. I reached that goal in September 2010. I maintained it from Sept 2010 to May 2011, but I just didn't feel like I was completely happy with it as a goal. In May, I upp'ed my calories and 5lbs literally fell off my body. Now, I'm 145lbs. At first I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep going to 140lbs or stop and set new goals.

I've decided that I'm done with the weight loss side of this. Now, for different goals. To run a mile in under 10 mins (I'm at 10:25 now and since I have steel rods in my back AND a bulging disc in my lower spine, I feel that this would be a HUGE accomplishment!). To bench press and squat my own body weight (I was around 100lbs with both of these before I fell on the ice in January -- so I truly believe I can do it!). To do 10 push ups without stopping (push ups are hard on me because of a pinched nerve in my shoulder).

I'm really looking forward to seeing what I can accomplish now and it not having anything to do with a number on the scale! :)

Replies

• Monkeymin
    Monkeymin Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Well done with what you've already achieved and best of luck in achieving your future goals. You've shown you have got lots of determination. I look forward to reading about it once you've done everything.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    That's great Chevy - I've enjoyed reading your posts and I'm so proud for you - can't wait until I can post a similar one :)
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    awesome job!i look forward to that miself.. ya'll keep us inspired
  • Shellmasterslim
    Options
    Congratulations!! So inspiring!
  • kathyhull
    kathyhull Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your success is inspirational for the rest of us! Thanks.
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this post. All of yours have been so inspirational. I can't wait until I get to my goal weight and have the decision of whether or not I want to keep going and stop the dieting at that point. Thanks again!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You are truly an inspiration!
  • Febes24
    Febes24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS
    You are exceptionally strong.
    I love your determination and the goals you've set for yourself now that your surpassed your goal weight
  • dirtyblue
    dirtyblue Posts: 90
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! You are very inspiring, especially since you have overcome injuries and learned how to work through them!
  • moxleymama6
    moxleymama6 Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was just sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself because of a recent injury. But ..steel rods,bulging discs, pinched nerves...my strained calf muscle seems like gravy after all that. Do you ever wonder who will benefit by something you post? Well today your post is my inspiration. Off the couch I go to do my modified version of 30DS (with more "punches" than should be humanly possible but it's the only cardio I can do right now )! Thanks for the push, and the support you've given in sharing your stpry.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    congrats & good luck!!!!! :-)
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Congragulations! You look awesome!
  • LaraRN
    LaraRN Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! Congrats!
  • vampymegs
    vampymegs Posts: 39
    Options
    what an inspiring story, congrats!!!
  • ak248902
    ak248902 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    LOVE your new goals!!
  • beatricegreenough
    beatricegreenough Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome accomplishment!!!! Keep us informed along the maintenance phase.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    You've made a fantastic transformation. I wish you luck with your future goals. You can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!