Temptation of giving up

Options
Damn the days when I feel like throwing in the towel... giving up or giving in! :explode:

Replies

• hopebuck
    hopebuck Posts: 138
    Options
    DON'T give up!!!!!! what is it you are tempted with?? can you eat a little and track it?? EVEN IF YOU EAT it...just TRACK it ... you will feel better about moving on if you do! I JUST learned that and it's great. :)

Sorry you are going through that right now though :( I get it!
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I hear you; and it doesn't even have to be related to the weight loss itself, but anything that is causing troubles in life.

Tomorrow's a new day
  • blueocean52811
    blueocean52811 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    No giving up, you can do this!!!! Just becasue you fall off the wagon for a day or two or a week, it doesn't matter as long as you get back up and start at it again. We are not perfect, so it is ok to fall and get back up again.
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    That is EXACTLY what I have been feeling today!! I so understand you! Friend me and maybe we can motivate each other to keep going!
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    What ever you do, DON'T GIVE UP. There will be good days and bad days. If you have to give in, log it, and maybe do a littel extra to burn it. Focus on your long term goals, and on something positive. Whatever happens, this feeling will be gone soon and tomorrow is an opportunity to start fresh. You can do this. Don't give in to the dark side!
  • Nit2Winit11
    Options
    I'm feeling the same right now. I have been working out like crazy for a while, running, strength training and I gained 2lbs!!!!! What the heck!!!! I have even increased my workout time. I know I probably need to adjust some of my eating but I have been making changes, but it just doesn't seem to be making a difference. Very discouraging.....what to do.. what to do????

I feel your pain.
  • bkrbabe57
    bkrbabe57 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Don't give up. You are worth the effort.
  • arc918
    arc918 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Give up? Stop with the crazy talk!
  • Sheri869
    Sheri869 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I absolutely know how you feel...and as it is...I'm having a horrible day too - but my advice is still - don't give up! Its the same advice I continue to give myself! I've been reading your page just to get some encouragement from the people giving you encouragement. I just started this and have been doing really good - kinda down cuz I think I'm PMS'ing and after a 2 hour workout last night and eating under my calories I gained a pound...now that just really did it! So I know how you feel! But the end WILL justify the means! Hang in there!
  • soccermum75
    soccermum75 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Why? you were doing so well you ran your race and suddendly when barely hear form you anymore. is everything ok?
  • ShellyMacchi
    ShellyMacchi Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    *hugs*
    luckily a day like that is followed by a whole new day where you can wake up with a whole new determination *S*
  • djkymba
    djkymba Posts: 174
    Options
    It's okay to feel that way sometimes, but when you get up tomorrow morning, it's a new day. Remind yourself that YOU deserve to have what you want. Being fit and healthy is worth a little struggle.
  • TAWoody
    TAWoody Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    The feeling does suck. It's fine to take a break for awhile though. Just maintain your current level and relax for awhile until you're revved up and ready to continue.
  • howellco
    howellco Posts: 22
    Options
    I understand, I was there and you pushed me to keep going. You got this, today is a new day and you have a fresh start. Success always comes when you try a bit less. Keep trucking along and just rest a bit by maintaining. You will be recharged before you know it! Keep going!!!
  • advocatus
    advocatus Posts: 8
    Options
    It's okay to feel that way. Notice the feeling, hold it, and then release it. It is not really want you want is it? Breathe in spirit, breathe out frustration.