Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

62 calorie Mashed Potatoes!

eating4balance
eating4balance Posts: 743 Member
These are one of the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had! And they don't even contain potatoes...

Ingredients:
- 1/2 head cauliflower (1 pound)
- 1 laughing cow cheese, garlic and herb flavored
- 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
- 2 Tbsp skim milk

Directions:
1. Cut the cauliflower into small floret-sized pieces and steam (microwave or stove).
2. When cooked, put the steamed cauliflower and remaining ingredients in a food processor.
3. Blend until it has a mashed potato consistency (add more skim milk or sour cream if necessary).
4. Be patient because it will take awhile! Scrape the sides and stir frequently.

*I like mine served with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Makes 3 servings

Nutrition Facts:
62 calories
10g carbs
4g fiber
1g fat
5g protein
133mg sodium

Replies

• ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Wow that sounds yummy.. I wish there was a way to just save these recipes to our page.. hmm

These are one of the most delicious mashed potatoes I have ever had! And they don't even contain potatoes...

Ingredients:
    - 1/2 head cauliflower (1 pound)
    - 1 laughing cow cheese, garlic and herb flavored
    - 2 Tbsp fat free sour cream
    - 2 Tbsp skim milk

Directions:
    1. Cut the cauliflower into small floret-sized pieces and steam (microwave or stove).
    2. When cooked, put the steamed cauliflower and remaining ingredients in a food processor.
    3. Blend until it has a mashed potato consistency (add more skim milk or sour cream if necessary).
    4. Be patient because it will take awhile! Scrape the sides and stir frequently.

*I like mine served with a dollop of sour cream on top.

Makes 3 servings

Nutrition Facts:
    62 calories
    10g carbs
    4g fiber
    1g fat
    5g protein
    133mg sodium
  • Luvlee85
    Luvlee85 Posts: 120 Member
    Can't wait to try this one!!!
  • jpeebs88
    jpeebs88 Posts: 81
    My mom makes a similar version of this for every major holiday dinner. It sounds like it'd be unappetizing but It's so delicious, I promise!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    I've always wanted to try cauliflower mashed fauxtatoes!
  • CommittohealthCHANGED
    CommittohealthCHANGED Posts: 436 Member
    Will definitely try this recipe. Thanks:tongue:
  • Kaecklund
    Kaecklund Posts: 191 Member
    Bumity Bump Bump!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    bumping
  • Are you sure 62 calories is correct? I had 3 boiled eggs and it wa 210 calories. Just doesn't seem enough? As much as I would like it to be 62 calories
  • eating4balance
    Are you sure 62 calories is correct? I had 3 boiled eggs and it wa 210 calories. Just doesn't seem enough? As much as I would like it to be 62 calories

I'm sure.

The total calories for the recipe is 186. Divide by 3= 62. It sounds too good to be true, I know! :smile:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    bump!!!!
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    bump
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    I made these on Friday night... I made the whole head of cauliflower so I doubled everything else.

The texture didn't come out right. THey looked like grits. The taste was good. I will keep working with them. I will make them again. They even passed the test of 2 little girls (which I couldn't stop giggling like a fool as they ate it up).
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    bump
  • eating4balance
    I made these on Friday night... I made the whole head of cauliflower so I doubled everything else.

The texture didn't come out right. THey looked like grits. The taste was good. I will keep working with them. I will make them again. They even passed the test of 2 little girls (which I couldn't stop giggling like a fool as they ate it up).

To get more of a mashed potato texture, you can also mix the cauliflower with a steamed potato. Not quite as healthy, but definitely less starch and fat than regular mashed potatoes. :smile:

Glad you liked them!
  • klf82
    klf82 Posts: 9
    WOW!! This sounds delicious! The funny thing is that I was craving something similar to this for weeks. The one I wanted was mashed cauliflower with broccoli.... YUM!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member

To get more of a mashed potato texture, you can also mix the cauliflower with a steamed potato. Not quite as healthy, but definitely less starch and fat than regular mashed potatoes. :smile:

Glad you liked them!

So is the grit texture right? I guess I don't know what "right" texture is exactly...

Ok, I just googled... mine were way too wet. Hmm, I wonder if doubling everything was too much?
  • Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    I so would love that. I love cauliflower. Can someone tell me what bumping means?
  • amy_marie
    amy_marie Posts: 130 Member
    bump!
  • JNALTBK
    JNALTBK Posts: 136 Member
    Oh boy ! I gotta try these for sure. Thanks.
  • 1crazymom
    1crazymom Posts: 434 Member
    bump