NSV-Not eating with the kids

Options
I work part-time at a small home daycare. So I pretty much just fill in for the owner when she needs to run errands or has an appoinment or whatever. She makes the daily menu's for the kids and thats what I have to fix them. I usually work the entire day, about 10 hours, on the days that I work. So I fix the kids breakfast, lunch, and a snack. I have always just ate whatever they were having. Which is usually something like cereal, pizza, burgers, fries, cookies, and such.

Well after joining MFP I started taking my own food. But the snack time foods were always so tempting (usually a treat type food) that I always caved and ate some. Well today I didn't!!!!! It felt really good to finally stick to my healthy eating habits at work, even when surrounded by temptation!!

And honestly I didn't even want it!!! I was like ewwww extra empty calories that I don't need!!!

Replies

• butterflywingz
    Options
    That is wonderful! I know its tough I have 3 kids and I would love to "snack" like them too :)
  • shells62682
    shells62682 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    way to go to on your NSV. I think that making sure that we don't eat the junk that's around our offices is often a difficult first step to make.

The other interesting thing about your post is the idea that the daycare is feeding the kiddos unhealthy food. It's interesting to think about what will happen to those kids, and if they will develop good/bad eating habits and end up here on MFP in 20 years. If better food were offered, perhaps kids would be educated to make smarter choices about eating and it wouldn't be so bad to eat what they were eating.

anyway, just something interesting to think about.
  • SandersWifey
    SandersWifey Posts: 387
    Options
    way to go to on your NSV. I think that making sure that we don't eat the junk that's around our offices is often a difficult first step to make.

The other interesting thing about your post is the idea that the daycare is feeding the kiddos unhealthy food. It's interesting to think about what will happen to those kids, and if they will develop good/bad eating habits and end up here on MFP in 20 years. If better food were offered, perhaps kids would be educated to make smarter choices about eating and it wouldn't be so bad to eat what they were eating.

anyway, just something interesting to think about.
    I agree!!!!! I really think that the kids should be eating healthier things myself!
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you!!! I know how hard that is. I have three kids as well. As I sit here and smack my own had for dipping into my daughters popcorn. Its smart pop and not awful cals fat wise but I don't need the carbs like she does. PLUS SHE knows when to stop unlike her mommy.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!