Need Motivational Buddies

Options
Hello all!

Here's a bit about me. I'm 33, 5'6 and 190 lbs. When I was 31, I was 120 lbs... so in 2 years I gained LOTS of weight. I fell into major depression after an ex left me, I made awful and I mean EXTREMELY AWFUL choices, which landed me in a crisis facility. Having PCOS and being on antidepressants did not really help me weight wise. I gained over 80 lbs in 1 year. Going through therapy and having a very supportive family helped me get through my depression, and finally i am no longer taking meds!

I started a new life and --I ended up getting 2 jobs--1 full time and 1 part time (quite stressful) and did 15 hours of schooling as well. I also started to work out. However, when exams came around.. i had no time for myself and put my exercising on hold. Also, with Holidays, eating healthy was extremely difficult. So after finals, I took a 2 week vacation abroad to relax. I relaxed. I decided I'm only going to take 1 class per term, and this year focus on my physical self.

It's been two days since I've come back, and worked out both days for an hour.

I'm deciding to do a steamed vegetable detox diet, to get all the junk out of my system. Any tips would help. Or what the heck.. add me! I don't want to lose my motivation, so it would be great to be inspired by people that have the same goals as me or who have accomplished theirs and don't mind being inspirational!

Replies

• beekeebear
    beekeebear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Added you! :) Let's do this!
  • drana325
    drana325 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Right there with you!
  • dwgray2015
    dwgray2015 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've realized that you will have good days and bad days, as long as the good days out number the bad - you can stay on schedule. It's OK to fall once and a while. Stay strong, work hard - you are beautiful, only you can make this happen - Good Luck!!!!!
  • MamaDarcie
    MamaDarcie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this! And hey, we're the same age....the time is now. :p
  • abertrand87
    abertrand87 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    add me! I've battled depression too..(regular in my early 20's and post partum with my son) and I totally understand the over eating! I've overcome it now and I love getting support on here :smile:
  • drana325
    drana325 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Added and this year is going to be awesome!