First workout DVD--which one do I pick??

Options
stc74
stc74 Posts: 297 Member
Ok, I need to get a work out DVD and don't know what to do. I've seen P90X, but its pricey. So this is what I've got: resistance bands, yoga mat, 1lb hand weights, treadmill. I have a fused back so many yoga positions and high impact are not comfy. I've seen something about 30 day shred on here. What else is out there, cost, where to find it?? Is Zumba a DVD that is affordable? Walmart shopping is ideal here.

Youtube isn't an option, internet too slow for that.

Replies

• nosey_rosey
    nosey_rosey Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is a good one... I have also heard that the Biggest loser videos are great! I do turbofire and it is amazing!! Check ebay or amazon... sometimes you can find it used and very cheap!!
  • michz
    michz Posts: 102
    Options
    Do you use netflix? try it out on netflix first. I don't buy anymore, I just netflix all my videos!
  • hordelock87
    hordelock87 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Turbo Jam - Fat Blaster is AWESOME!
  • kintegra
    kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    Jillian's 30 day shred is at Walmart for $9.00 - its in the fitness section (not where the DVD's are). Its one heck of a workout & not for the weak!
  • celizabet
    celizabet Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I love P90X! I got it off of ebay for half the price, I know it's pricey, but you really get what you pay for!
  • audigal2008
    audigal2008 Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Ripped in 30 and 6 week 6 pack by Jillian Michaels is what I am doing now, I love them!
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    P90x is well worth the money. Insanity is also good and Supreme 90 is not as good but still pretty good. (only 20 dollars) That's all the ones I've used.
  • KatiePeca
    KatiePeca Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    The Zumba DVD's are $100 here, too pricey for me right now!

Jillian Michaels and Bob Harper have some good ones out there :)

Katie
  • egroff
    egroff Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I love Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30. It has 4 different levels to progressively challenge you.
  • katrinalynne1213
    katrinalynne1213 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I love Turbo Jam with Shaline Johnson. The music and moves are so fun, and she provides someone to follow for low impact if the high impact is uncomfortable for you. Check out the link below on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Turbo-Jam-Beachbody-Rockin-Workouts/dp/B000EZHWVQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1308267264&sr=8-1
  • Jancaballero
    Options
    This is what I do too! I use netflix to change out my workouts. If you are really wanting ot buy a DVD, I'd go wtih Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. She's so motivating!
    30 day shred is a good one... I have also heard that the Biggest loser videos are great! I do turbofire and it is amazing!! Check ebay or amazon... sometimes you can find it used and very cheap!!
  • shybelle
    shybelle Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    When i first started all I did was BL videos...I probably lost my first 30 pounds just doing that!
  • sasilver1
    sasilver1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart has tons of exercise DVDs to choose from under $10. The Jillian Michaels Banish Fat Metabolism is a good one. I lost 4 pounds in 1 week with that. Another good one that I use on alternate days is Leslie Sansone walk at home, walk slim dvd. I usually do cardio Mon, Wed, and Fri and the walking slim dvd on Tues and Thurs. I might now I do strength training on the days I do the walking video. Right I am following a cardio boxing dvd by Laila Ali and Sugar Ray Leonard.
  • beverlyl64
    beverlyl64 Posts: 381
    Options
    I love Turbo FIre, Chalene Johnson is awesome!
  • sportsjunkee70
    sportsjunkee70 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    INSANITY is working great for me.
  • she_elf
    she_elf Posts: 108
    Options
    I lovelovelove the Biggest Loser videos. They always motivate me really well and have every level from beginner to advanced in the same DVD--they always are making sure there are ways to make it low impact as well as more challenging to accommodate anyone doing it.
  • Hottness4Lyfe
    Hottness4Lyfe Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Do you use netflix? try it out on netflix first. I don't buy anymore, I just netflix all my videos!
    Which ones do you use? I've started using Netflix and only found 1 I like...
  • smlamb33
    smlamb33 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I love Leslie Sansone Walk at Home dvd! There are quite a few to choose from and they carry them at Walmart. They run $10-$15 each. I would love to try Zumba too but too expensive for me too!
  • posbey
    posbey Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is no joke i do it 3 days a week.
    on netflix i use:

Kelli Roberts (w/ my weights)
    Cardio Salsa DVD is good.
    Leslie Sanson (online walking club costs 29 a year) you get access to monthly videos online and I love it. You can mix it up from a fifteen minute walk to a 45 minute one
    Sweating in the spirit (Donna Richardson) nice starter video -- got that on target for 8 bucks

you can find some videos online at amazon.com as well.

You can go on Youtube.com and find some videos for almost anything, make a playlist and do it for free. the way i have mines is having a stretch warm up video, then intense work out videos and a stretch video to balance it out. It's FREE. Just find the ones you like. I mix it up between Zumba, Standing Abs, and Leslie Sansone

So far, I like 3DS and want to get Turbo jam next.
  • chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I tried P90X once (and a friend is about to loan it to me again) but I can tell you with your back it may not be a good option for you. Or, you need to be prepared to skip a few exercises.

I'm on the hunt for a good DVD myself.