Digging out and eating

Options
starfish235
starfish235 Posts: 129 Member
edited January 2016 in Food and Nutrition
I live in the bulls eye area of this big snow storm. I tried to buy healthy things. However my family put chips and candy in the basket. Then I started realizing I probably will have to have extra calories for digging out. Who here is gong to be snowed in?

Replies

• JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I will be forced to sleep at the hospital where I work. Their cafeteria is closed on weekends, so looks like vending machine for me.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    We are already getting iced in here with a full mix of frozen precipitation. I've already had to clear the steps of ice/snow once but I don't think it warrants going all out eating extra calories.

Have a weighed serving of a couple things but don't undo your whole week. You will burn something extra if you have a lot of snow to move.

I am craving more carbs than usual with the colder weather this week so I'm eating more overall but still at a deficit most days and up to maintenance some days. I'm not low carb at all. Along with the extra I'm making sure I balance it out with either more protein or more fat.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You can eat the candy and chips, but make an effort to also eat a healthy meal. Log everything.
    Careful with digging.
  • MarmiteToes
    MarmiteToes Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    They're calling for 12+ inches here and it occurred to me that my 1200 calories/day aren't gonna be enough to fuel the snow shoveling and car clearing that will be required. I plan to eat more so I don't wind up passed out in the snow and end up like Jack Nicholson at the end of The Shining.

That said, I know that stuff like chips and cookies aren't actually going to provide much fuel, not as much as a healthy snack or small healthy meal will, so that'll motivate me to stay away from the unhealthy goodies in the house. Hopefully you can convince yourself of the same! I plan to add a bowl of oatmeal or some whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Not terribly exciting but it should help make shoveling a little less miserable.
  • JenniferLynWhatx
    JenniferLynWhatx Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Working tonight...praying they clear the roads around the hospital so I can go home tomorrow... I'm in the 12-24inch zone of the storm. Reallllly don't want to sleep on a hospital cot.
  • angelamichelle_xo
    angelamichelle_xo Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    DUUUUDE.
    russians gotta be fit n sexy.
    cos.

all that damn snow.

shovelin erry day.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Options
    I can aver that we are all very fit and trim here in Wisconsin due to all the snow we have to shovel.

No, wait. Everyone has snow blowers. Never mind.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    We're expecting a foot or more overnight in Western PA. I like shoveling snow even though we have a snow blower, and it's a great workout (which means I'll skip weights tomorrow). And I like the total calm of being outside at night and not hearing a thing except the snowfall.

I'm going to indulge in a bowl of Captain Crunch for dinner on Saturday :smile:
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Calling for 20" here.

Today I bought subs to put in the fridge (and for today's lunch) and tonight I'm ordering pizzas. So leftover pizza and subs will be on the menu this weekend. Plus a few steaks I picked up. Screw that Bread and eggs BS. Don't need any of that with Pizza and steak around!

I'm actually looking forward to the snow. We're planning on building our own snow hill and sledding down it. We did it 2 years ago and the kiddo LOVED it. So yeah, playing in the snow and shoveling = good workout.