Walden Farm Products

Options
What is everyone's thoughts? Seems to good to be true!!!! 0 fat, calories and carbs???? If you have tried them. What do you like????

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Never bothered as there's no nutrition. If I was addicted to a particular flavour or something I might have been interested.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Always read the ingredients to make sure this is a food that offers nutrition for your body.
    Be a conscious shopper. Ingredients for Walden foods peanut butter:
    Purified water, vegetable fiber, sea salt, corn starch, xanthan gum, natural roasted peanut flavor, natural peanut extract, caramel color, lactic acid, sodium benzoate (to preserve freshness) sucralose, FD&C yellow #5, #6.
    * Why not just eat a spoon full of natural peanut butter with lots of protein and vitamins?
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    The salad dressings don't taste good, the mayo is gross also but if you like miracle whip you might think it's "okay". BBQ sauce is blah but gets the job done,

I like the marshmallow fluff and I use the caramel sauce in my coffee from time to time to switch it up, the strawberry sauce is good too.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Chemical Farms. Ha. I'm down with them though. I use the chocolate sauce and the caramel sauce. The pancake syrup is very good.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Also, there are SOME calories. Labels are allowed to say 0 if a serving has 5 calories or less.
  • stsanche
    stsanche Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I tried one of the salad dressings...I tossed it after the first try. I knew I was never going to touch it again. Instead, I use Annie's in Roasted Red Pepper Vinaigrette or Lite Gingerly Vinaigrette.

http://www.annies.com/products/dressings
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I like them. They're good for when your deep in a cut or prep. Definitely an acquired taste though for some stuff. The benefit of using them is when you do treat yourself to an actual good salad at a restaurant, it tastes amazing cause you get used to the walden farms lol
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    The only one I really like is the balsamic dressing. All the other ones taste nothing like what they're trying to imitate.
  • tekkiechikk
    tekkiechikk Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Not a fan, they all taste too 'chemical' or something to me. I use plain red wine or cider vinegar if I want a 0 calorie dressing.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Oh god they're awful, don't waste your money!!
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    So disgusting. The "peanut butter" may have scarred me for life.
  • Birdie1952
    Birdie1952 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    So disgusting. The "peanut butter" may have scarred me for life.

I ditto that!!!!!!!! Taste horrible, nothing like peanut butter whatsoever.
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I'd never heard of them, but now I want to try a dressing (they're so expensive though!). I can ruin a salad with dressing, haha, so if any of these actually taste okay I'm definitely down. Doesn't sound promising taste-wise though so far.
  • cardertaxidermy
    cardertaxidermy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    They are only $3.99 on netrition.com
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    They are only $3.99 on netrition.com

Wow. I was just looking at Walmart, which is selling the bottles at ~$22.00
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    si8htr6r0ymi.gif
    ew.gif 498.3K
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I like the maple syrup and honey dijon. If you search walden farms in the forums you will see multiple threads with people's reviews on them have been made if you want to get more input :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Their products are truly hit or miss. Some are okay and some are terrible and you never know which one it's going to be until you bite the bullet and actually try some of their products. Their Honey Dijon and Thousand Island salad dressings were truly horrid...had to throw those bottles away! The Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette was okay but overpoweringly sweet...so I won't be getting that one again. Loved the Pear & White Balsamic Vinaigrette. I wasn't terribly impressed with their Caramel dip...doesn't really taste like caramel but I still do use it from time to time. Their fruit spreads are okay, but only just. If you get one, make sure you dump the entire content of the fruit spread bottle into a bowl and beat the hell out of it with a mixer...otherwise, you'll never be able to "spread" the fruit spread because the base of the fruit spread is cellulose gel.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, forgot to add: I am in love with their pancake syrup though - best low-sugar pancake syrup I've tried to so far!
  • alittlelife14
    alittlelife14 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Syrup only ok item I have had.

My god the peanut butter tasted like barfy diet coke mixed with Satan turds lol