Cheat day

Options
Danie2491
Danie2491 Posts: 21 Member
edited January 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I had a ton of alcohol and pizza yesterday and feel really guilty. Had a total of about 3,200 calories
What are your thoughts on cheat days?

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    you ate and drank, you didnt murder a litter of puppies.

log it and move on.
  • mbcieslak87
    mbcieslak87 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    it happens to all of us... this is a lifestyle and a journey - you're not going to be perfect everyday... nor should you want to be... what is life without occasional indulgences?
  • Danie2491
    Options
    You're right
  • robertsj688
    robertsj688 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It is a live it not a die it !
  • dgoode444
    dgoode444 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It happens ....... Just kept back on track, you have to allow yourself to enjoy life.
  • bvff35
    bvff35 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hahaha that was me last weekend. Except I ate a lot more fried food along with the pizza etc. I consumed 3 days worth of calories on my 'cheat' day. I was a little disappointed with myself but my brain needed the break. I logged it and then began healthy eating again on Monday. :-) No biggie. You can keep moving forward too! I will still do a cheat day but maybe with just a touch less cheating than last weekend. Haha
  • Danie2491
    Options
    lol I'm getting over it. Thanks
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Danie2491 wrote: »
    I had a ton of alcohol and pizza yesterday and feel really guilty. Had a total of about 3,200 calories

I don't do them. You can destroy a week of healthy eating with one "cheat" day, easily. You're only cheating yourself...not sure why people do this.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    My thought on overeating days? I'm not going to spend my life avoiding Thanksgiving, birthdays and the Super Bowl. So I need to learn how to have a "non-diet" day once in a while without it completely derailing myself.

This is a time of retraining, not just a time of restrictive dieting.
  • MattHarwoodUK
    MattHarwoodUK Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    We build in a "cheat meal" once every 10 days or so. One meal satisfies any lingering wants, without a whole day's worth of crap.

But to be honest, we end up not wanting it. We love fresh, healthy food now. Fast food is to me, what a quinoa salad is to a lot of others :-)
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options

log it and move on.

We don't know that. OP?
  • JoJean12
    JoJean12 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Danie2491 wrote: »

I don't do them. You can destroy a week of healthy eating with one "cheat" day, easily. You're only cheating yourself...not sure why people do this.

Exactly! I don't know who came up with this notion of a "cheat day" is good for you when your trying to lose weight. I don't believe in them.
    They keep you from permanently moving toward a lifestyle change to good eating habits. They make you feel miserable after you've binged on the junk food, and just ensures that if you ever reach your goal weight you will go back to eating all that food that made you overweight in the first place
  • mzfrizz15
    mzfrizz15 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    An entire cheat DAY? Perhaps change it to a single cheat meal per week in the future? Otherwise, just log it and move on. Beating yourself over what happened in the past isn't constructive. Focus on building healthier habits, but realize we're all only human will inevitably mess up now and then.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    HutchA12 wrote: »

log it and move on.

We don't know that. OP?

this is true....

OP... DID YOU kill a litter of puppies?