Has anyone tried....

Options
The thrive experience. I don't think it really is a weight loss thing but more of just to make you feel better in general. I tend to be pretty skeptical about any supplements especially pricey ones. Well, a few of my coworkers are taking it and really feel it gives them more energy and mental clarity so I thought what the heck (I've definitely wasted money on worse things). So I ordered it and am waiting for t to arrive so I can try it. So I'm just curious what others experiences have been with it. I didn't bother to look at the ingredients until after I ordered it and it really doesnt seem to have anything special in it besides being like an all in one vitamin plus caffeine.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's just another MLM onselling scam. The people selling it have no qualifications or training other than how to convert people from customers into distributors. They take normal ingredients, mark the price up a huge amount and sell them like they're a miracle.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    missymi07 wrote: »
    The thrive experience. I don't think it really is a weight loss thing but more of just to make you feel better in general. I tend to be pretty skeptical about any supplements especially pricey ones. Well, a few of my coworkers are taking it and really feel it gives them more energy and mental clarity so I thought what the heck (I've definitely wasted money on worse things). So I ordered it and am waiting for t to arrive so I can try it. So I'm just curious what others experiences have been with it. I didn't bother to look at the ingredients until after I ordered it and it really doesnt seem to have anything special in it besides being like an all in one vitamin plus caffeine.

And you probably spent a buttload of money on it....
  • Lynnmi07
    Lynnmi07 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Neither of you answered my question about "personal experience" with it, I'm pretty sure I made it clear in my initial post that I'm skeptical and aware as with everything else it's most likely a waste of money. I don't understand why everyone is always in such a hurry to be so negative or critical.
  • bbelcher23
    bbelcher23 Posts: 12 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a number of people that have reached out to me about my experience with The Thrive product.

I am coming towards the end of another week and the benefits have continued to pile on for me. First, I have lost 12 pounds and am feeling really good. Part of that weight loss can be attributed to improved eating and increased activity (I just finished my ongoing battle with the elliptical machine at the gym). I do believe that Thrive has helped me gain energy that I didn't have a month ago. That energy has helped me have the desire to go the gym daily, something I wouldn't have considered a month ago.

I am more alert at work and am manage multiple tasks at once. I find myself just getting things done rather than put them off till the last minute. It is easy to fall behind at my job.

Something new that I have noticed is that I no longer seem to have aches and discomfort in my knees and ankles. As a big guy, I have always had discomfort when go up and down stairs or start moving around and sitting idle for periods of time. So far, I have not had these issues. This is a great feeling.

I have a couple mention the fact that Thrive is sort of pricey. Initially, i would have agreed. About seven months ago I had someone mention Thrive to me and the fact that $5 a day was a small price to pay for your health. At the time I dismissed him.

What I didn't realize is how this product has helped me curb my cravings. I used to drink a minimum of 2 sodas a day and Kari would tell you that I had slight addiction to the goodies that I could find out of the vending at my work. Looking back on it, I was easily dropping $5 on garbage that was just making me feel worse. Rather than dump that money in junk food and soda, I am putting it towards getting healthy.

This is a good product and I know that it is helping me in many ways. As I have said, there have been a handful of people who have asked me about.

[edited by MFP Mods]
  • Wetcoaster
    Wetcoaster Posts: 1,788 Member
    Options
    missymi07 wrote: »
    Neither of you answered my question about "personal experience" with it, I'm pretty sure I made it clear in my initial post that I'm skeptical and aware as with everything else it's most likely a waste of money. I don't understand why everyone is always in such a hurry to be so negative or critical.

Because we are telling you facts. What you choose do do with those facts are up to you.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Lynnmi07 wrote: »

If you are looking for 'testimonials' to sell a product, you should probably look somewhere else.

I'll repeat what I say to most of this nonsense. I have never tried heroin but I don't need someone else's personal experience to convince me that it is bad.
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Nah, the only supplements I take are for IBS and my multivitamin. Otherwise I'm quite happy.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    eat less move more

if you want to give away money, im happy to provide my paypal address.....

there are no magic pills for anything. eat a nutrient rich diet. exercise. maybe take a multivitamin. get out. live life. have fun.

people make this so much harder than it is....
  • Lynnmi07
    Options
    I'm not trying to sell anything and I wasn't looking to this product for weight loss. Wow, people don't know how to read. Just trying to look for feedback on if the vitamins helped with general well being.
  • Gerbsxyng412
    Gerbsxyng412 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Yes tried it... not a very good product . If you are interested in a MLM just do research on what is the top 5 and talk to your dr. I eat better and still use health and wellness products and yes most folks say MLM is a scam, I an involved with a health and wellness company. I will not preach about it on here. I used to take 12 supplements/vitamins for my hair, skin, immune system, acne and now I take just 1 kind that covers it all plus some.
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    eat less move more

if you want to give away money, im happy to provide my paypal address.....

there are no magic pills for anything. eat a nutrient rich diet. exercise. maybe take a multivitamin. get out. live life. have fun.

people make this so much harder than it is....

Preach! This is always what I'm telling people!

OP - I also want to get in on this 'you're giving away your money and getting fancy promises in return' thing! I bet I can make up some stuff that is wayy cooler than what it says on those packages!
  • xLyric
    xLyric Posts: 840 Member
    Options

I'm not trying to be rude, but couldn't you just take a multivitamin and have a coffee and save a lot of money? What other benefit does this supposedly give you?
  • Lynnmi07
    Options
    xLyric wrote: »

I'm not trying to be rude, but couldn't you just take a multivitamin and have a coffee and save a lot of money? What other benefit does this supposedly give you?

Well that's why I'm on here trying to figure out what people who aren't trying to sell it who have tried it thought about it. Because like I said I ordered it before looking at the ingredients and now that I've reviewed them I don't get why it's any better than doing exactly what you mention.