Boobs!

Can anyone recommend a really good sports bra, in the UK.
I'm a size 44DD but not really. I have a very broad back, even before being overweight. So my cup size is forced up to compensate for my back.
I run and play netball (amongst other things) so it needs to be suitable for high impact.
I've been wearing a Freya one but I've never really liked it.
I've found in the past that I have to buy online because nowhere stocks sports bras for larger sizes - heaven forbid that larger ladies would like to have nice sports clothes (don't get me started

Replies

• AngieD2203
    AngieD2203 Posts: 53 Member
    Primark surprisingly do a great affordable sports bra. Around £8. I have a larger bust and found this bra great. It's black & pink with the option to wear as a X back (which I find offers tighter support) or standard bra.
  • KlutzyK
    KlutzyK Posts: 3 Member
    I'm in the USA, so I hope this helps. Under Armour has a great high impact bra. The front zip enclosure is a big help when trying to wrangle my boobs into a sports bra. I'm a 34DD, and a runner. Keeping the girls in control on a run helps me to not look like an amateur boxer or domestic violence victim. The only downside is that they are pricey. I found mine at an outlet for about $25 USD each. They can run up to $60USD at a regular retail store.
  • SingingElvis
    SingingElvis Posts: 8 Member
    Shock absorber are great, they hold everything in place for me. They have a high impact running version that had a double clasp and its great, althoug to be fait the normal high impact version is pretty sturdy. I've worn them for Zumba, running, etc and it'd been fine (and I'm larger than you in the bust area). They have them in Debenhams, etc
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    I'm in the same boat -- I currently wear a bra I don't care about over a sports bra to keep my breasts somewhat contained when I run -- so I can't help a lot in brands. I've heard good things about Panache, and Shock Absorber both. Also, I would recommend this particular bra calculator when getting a new bra as well, if you're at all unsure about your bra size. I know that being in the wrong size bra (regularly and in sports) for me was a nightmare.

Good luck!
  • gramarye
    gramarye Posts: 586 Member
    Also, Amazon is a godsend for bra shopping; just look for items with free returns, and send back anything that doesn't fit. I have to do this a lot, because no one in my part of Kansas carries my size. D:
  • mcler2012
    mcler2012 Posts: 2 Member
    Surprisingly (well it was a surprise to me), Victoria's Secret has a couple of sports bras that are designed for max control and they are amazing. they are a little pricy, but worth it to me. They actually provide more/better support that my regular bras do. And it is nice to be able to get some "designer" colors and patterns. They nailed it and I am not sure what would ever prompt me to try another. I don't have one, but they also have one that is front closure, which I am sure would be most helpful in the battle that takes place after working out! Good luck with your search!
  • hickmanha
    hickmanha Posts: 15 Member
    Moving Comfort sports bras are actually the entire reason I could start running. They come in actual cup sizes, and have varying levels of support, depending on your needs.
  • kaitlinteeter
    kaitlinteeter Posts: 13 Member
    hickmanha wrote: »
    Moving Comfort sports bras are actually the entire reason I could start running. They come in actual cup sizes, and have varying levels of support, depending on your needs.

yes this!! and the straps are velcro adjustable on some models, making it more secure for busty, short girls like me!! Great bra that totally holds up for running and high impact workouts.
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Too bad we can't have gender-exclusive threads for topics such as this.
  • pjbr86
    pjbr86 Posts: 6 Member
    36HH, try shock absorber
    HERE This is what I have, they will always move because of teh sizem but I get next to no muscle drag
  • ElizabethOakes2
    ElizabethOakes2 Posts: 1,038 Member
    You notice they tend to stay out of the out of period threads, though... Maybe start titling these 'periods and boobs'? Anyway, I got a couple really good Fila sports bras at Kohl's a couple years ago, but I haven't found them again since- they're pull-over with a front zip closure that 'hugs' the girls in place so there's no side-side jiggle. I think Victoria's Secret makes something similar but I haven't tried theirs.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Freya, Moving Comfort, Athleta - get an underwire for support
  • MarvelGrrl
    MarvelGrrl Posts: 622 Member
    mcler2012 wrote: »
    Surprisingly (well it was a surprise to me), Victoria's Secret has a couple of sports bras that are designed for max control and they are amazing. they are a little pricy, but worth it to me. They actually provide more/better support that my regular bras do. And it is nice to be able to get some "designer" colors and patterns. They nailed it and I am not sure what would ever prompt me to try another. I don't have one, but they also have one that is front closure, which I am sure would be most helpful in the battle that takes place after working out! Good luck with your search!

I also swear by my VS sports bra for high impact workouts. I'm a 36 DD. I bought mine on clearance for half off or slightly less because apparently those colors didn't sell well (just general pink or pink with polka dots). If you're not attached to having a "pretty color" you might have some luck getting some of the more expensive bras for a bit less.
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    I'm a 30FF and I've tried a LOT of different sports bras! Definitely by far the best I have tried for comfort, support and fit is Panache ultimate sports bra. It is a little more expensive than some at around £35-40 but not excessive in price given how good it is! I now have 2 of them and am about to buy a couple more as I train daily and have decided that these bras are the only ones I want to wear for the gym! Bravissimo stock great bras and clothes for larger cheated women and currently have £5 off sports bras until the end of January. I don't work for them or anything but am in the process of placing an order for myself! I also use Amazon sometimes for sports wear.
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    Boobs are great.
  • trollie80
    trollie80 Posts: 24 Member
    Thanks all. Xx