How honest are you with MFP food tracking?

Options
I realized something. If I eat something bad, I try to hide it by not inputting the information to MFP. But who am I kidding, calories from that chocolate cake is not gonna disappear just because I didn't track it.

So I'm curious. How many people on here do the same thing or put their best days without being honest with themselves and being in a state of denial? I know I do that. Although I did just put down Boston Creme Donut into my Meal#2 so here goes all of my sugar for the day!

Replies

• 20likenow
    20likenow Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I log everything to the best of my ability. The other day I had two French fries and I logged them lol.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    I log every single thing I consume. Even if it's a bite of my kids mac and cheese. I log it.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    My food log is my data that I use to track how I'm doing. I need the data to be as complete and accurate as possible.

If it passes my lips and has calories, it gets logged.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Never missed logging anything ...I will even go back to previous days if for some very odd reason I didn't get a chance to log on the day

That is why I believe my weight goals have been consistent
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    The thing is your body doesn't care if you log it or not,

MFP doesn't care if you log it or not

it is only yourself and your goals you cheat
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    The thing is your body doesn't care if you log it or not,

MFP doesn't care if you log it or not

it is only yourself and your goals you cheat

thats just it. you can not log it, it doesn't make difference. your BODY knows.
  • a_little_less_lauren
    Options
    I'm honest. I can pretend all I want, though, it won't fool the scale
  • Fitwarrior7_Round_2
    Fitwarrior7_Round_2 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I used to cheat and not log bad foods on the weekend. But like with golf your really only cheating yourself by not being honest. So now I just log everything.
  • ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Options
    If I log, I log it all.

That way I can clearly see where my problem lies when I'm not getting the results I expect.
  • cbro70
    cbro70 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    How true, I am the same way. I log everything because I do not want to lie to myself
  • sweetestlove1
    sweetestlove1 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm honest and that's why my MFP food tracker is private! ;)
  • Thinvy
    Thinvy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I'm really hard on myself when i AM on here. like I add more than what i really ate more often than not to discourage further eating.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I don't log ketchup and mustard because I'm lazy. But otherwise there's no point in lying to myself.
  • 100df
    100df Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I log the good, the bad and the ugly. My diary is set to private so have zero excuses for not being honest with myself.
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Elvirka_xoxo Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If I log, I log it all.

That way I can clearly see where my problem lies when I'm not getting the results I expect.

I'm starting to realize that I should be focusing on it, Thanks for the tip!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    I even log my salt and zero calorie drinks. 4 weeks a year I don't log, 2 at Christmas and 2 in the summer. I eat/drink what I like and deal with the 8lbsish when I get back to logging.
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Options
    I even log my salt and zero calorie drinks. 4 weeks a year I don't log, 2 at Christmas and 2 in the summer. I eat/drink what I like and deal with the 8lbsish when I get back to logging.

Good idea to log the salt, I usually forget all of the ingridients
  • tzkully
    tzkully Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    That's why we log it... To see where we can improve in what we eat. Why hide it, your not fooling anyone but yourself.
  • finneyjason218
    finneyjason218 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I always over estimate how many calories I have consumed. If I'm at a restaurant and the item isn't on mfp I take how many calories I think it is, find a similar item and put in enough servings of that item to equal 1.5x how many calories I estimated. But as often as possible I eat at home so I know exactly how much I am eating.
  • Elvirka_xoxo
    Options
    I always over estimate how many calories I have consumed. If I'm at a restaurant and the item isn't on mfp I take how many calories I think it is, find a similar item and put in enough servings of that item to equal 1.5x how many calories I estimated. But as often as possible I eat at home so I know exactly how much I am eating.

Good rule to have!