I'm new and have no friends

Options
Hi all..

I'm new here and I need people to help motivate me. My profile pic was about 18 months ago when I was 130lb. I'm now 143 (was 148 last week).

I'm struggling a little as I like a sweet treat in the evenings... Also I gphave joined a gym but don't know what to do.. Or how to properly log it on here...

Any help would be appreciated.... Please help me get back into my little black dress x

Replies

• srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    First, welcome to MFP. You will find a lot of help here on the boards so feel free to research and ask questions. Good to see that you've already made a good step in dropping 5 lbs (most of us have much more to lose than 18 lbs when starting out :)

As far as night cravings, I hear you there. No matter what, I get super hungry around 8pm and that's where I consume most calories. You could try eating strawberries/bananas dipped in light chocolate to satisfy your sweet tooth. I'm sure other women on here can give you some sweet tooth alternatives as well.

And for exercising, you just click the Add Exercise button, select whether it's weights or cardio and enter it from there. So 45 minutes of strength training/weight lifting shows how many calories you'd burn. Hope that helps.

Feel free to add me if you'd like motivation. I try to keep an eye on what my friends are doing throughout the day and encourage/motivate them.
  • judowolf
    judowolf Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi Linzi and welcome...the site has a lot of different parts and they can all be utilized or just parts, either way if you use them correctly and daily, it can make weight loss and/or maintenance easier. Best of luck on your journey, add me if you'd like and I'll give you as motivation and guidance as I can...
  • linzi911
    linzi911 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much.. Sent requests...

I've managed to beat the evening cravings by brushing my teeth when I put the children to bed.. That way I can't eat anything else.

I'd love to do tough mudder (next year now as I think I need surgery in my foot). I've started running this week on the treadmill and love it. Ive only done 3km (each day) but did it on random hill level 7.

One thing I wasn't expecting was to feel exhausted.. I'm so tired right now and can't keep my eyes open. I'm eating well (using the leanin15 cookbook).
  • srv524
    srv524 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Tough Mudder was fun and definitely a do-able goal if you train well for it. It's great motivation too ;) Keep in mind that it's mostly running with obstacles mixed in so if you focus on push-ups, pull-ups, ab work and grip strength, you'll be good. Also, try a women's multi-vitamin to see if that helps. Won't help completely from being exhausted but it should help.

• linzi911
    Options
    I have a b12 deficiency and had my injection this morning... Hoping that helps.

Agree that's it's good to have something to be motivated for. The profile photo was me prior to Ibiza... There was no way I was going there unless I was slim. I've gained weight after having my gallbladder removed. :(
  • deeulissah
    deeulissah Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Give up sugar and you're on your way. Sugar is a B vitamin assassin. Only eat in a designated area; away from distractions, eat slowly and concentrate on your food. You can reach your goal, don't quit <3
  • linzi911
    Options
    deeulissah wrote: »
    Give up sugar and you're on your way. Sugar is a B vitamin assassin. Only eat in a designated area; away from distractions, eat slowly and concentrate on your food. You can reach your goal, don't quit <3

Thank you for your tip... Xxxx