Lunches for work

Options
Need ideas for lunches for work
350 calories or less
I have a microwave at work but no cooker
I am bored of soups and salads so looking for new fun ideas, like pastas and wraps etc

Also, feel free to add me as a friend if you like. I am a supportive member who is just starting out on a 26kg (55lbs ish) weight loss and looking for support in return

Replies

• instantmartian
    instantmartian Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    I almost always take leftovers from the night before. I find it the easiest to just put some in a dish to take to work as I'm cleaning up from dinner.

Sometimes I make a salad loaded up with veggies and topped with tuna or chicken. (I know you said you're not looking for salads.)

Wraps are always good. I do these sometimes with things like chicken or deli meats, hummus, sometimes cheese, and filled out with veggies like shredded carrots and baby spinach. I also sometimes make them with things like chicken with roasted/sauteed veggies such as peppers and onions. I like to eat both cold/room temperature, but the latter could be heated up, if you'd like - take the filling separately, heat up in the microwave, and assemble your wrap.

Sometimes, I even bring an assortment of "snack" foods and have that for lunch - a hard boiled egg with some cheese, crackers, and carrot sticks with hummus.
  • ChristinaOrr65
    ChristinaOrr65 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I know that you said that you are bored of salads, but I really like this recipe for a healthy bulgar salad. It is not like a traditional salad with lettuce and dressing and all that, so it makes me feel like I am mixing it up while still being healthier than sandwiches, wraps, etc. https://www.myliporidex.com/blog/lite-and-healthy-bulgur-salad/
  • TaraTall
    TaraTall Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I'm usually a left overs from the night before kind of girl.
    I'll also do 'home made lunchables' slice up some salami, cheese, pickles. (crackers if you want).
    Tuna/chicken/egg salad with veggies to dip
  • dsadburrito
    dsadburrito Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Make lettuce wraps - cook some chicken, shred it, cut up some veggies - I usually do tomato and onion, pick a sauce - I like hummus or sweet chili sauce.

I also do falafel's but I shape them into patties and have them in a pita with toppings.
  • losingweightfor2016
    Options
    Thanks all these are brill ideas, will totally have a look at doing some of them :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I bring in a "salad" of chic peas with cucumbers and hemp seeds.
  • xveer22
    xveer22 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm always having two full grain sandwhiches with one topping such as cheese or one slice of cheese on there.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    most of my lunch to work is sandwich or wrap... with yummy fillings..

this is the recipes for 3 different delicious sandwich and wrap with yummy fillings..all less than 350 cals, easy and can be prepared less than 10 min!
    1. Sweet chicken sandwich
    2. Spiced curry chickpeas wrap
    3. Creamy avocado egg sandwich

https://youtube.com/watch?v=EO7eOcCldcA
  • JenPass1977
    JenPass1977 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually make soup or have last night's leftovers. Today at home I threw chopped tomatoes, spring onions and rice in a pan, added a whisked egg and cooked. At the Ed I threw some soy sauce in. It was actually really nice! Bet you could eat that cold or wack it in the microwave!