Fitbit Charge HR Question

Options
Hey, everyone. I just got the Fitbit Charge HR to help motivate me. What I'm not sure of is if I need to be logging anything on the app or just log everything in MFP (i.e. weight, food, exercise, etc.) Any feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Replies

• wdunnett1
    wdunnett1 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    which app do you mean
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    mbutler263 wrote: »
    Hey, everyone. I just got the Fitbit Charge HR to help motivate me. What I'm not sure of is if I need to be logging anything on the app or just log everything in MFP (i.e. weight, food, exercise, etc.) Any feedback is welcome. Thank you.

I log my food into MFP, and log my exercise on the Fitbit app.
  • kiera2493
    kiera2493 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I connected mfp with fitbit app. I use mfp for food and fitbit for exercise. The food calories from mfp show up on the fitbit app because theyre connected. Should be in the settings on here or on the fitbit app. Hope that makes sense
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    i have one but am the first one to tell you .. i dont use it. i wear it all day every day, and its kind of neat for random data, but i log everything in mfp. i dont count steps or any of that fitbit 'stuff'. i KNOW mfp works for me, and im not willing to deviate from it lol
  • L_Master
    L_Master Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    i have one but am the first one to tell you .. i dont use it. i wear it all day every day, and its kind of neat for random data, but i log everything in mfp. i dont count steps or any of that fitbit 'stuff'. i KNOW mfp works for me, and im not willing to deviate from it lol

Yea, I found my charge HR overestimate my general calories quite significantly, usually by 30-50%. I'm a 65kg guy and was getting readings of 3500-4000 kcal burned on days where I would walk 10-15k steps. I suspect this was an issue with it trying to use HR to determine calories, but the HR never measures consistently for me unless I'm sitting, so I'd get all these random spikes inflating burn.

What has worked really well for me is turning HR off, adjusting my stride length to my average lazy moving around the house stride length, and then using end of the day miles into a walking calculator and adding those calories in. Which usually comes out very close to what fitbit thinks.