Rest days

Options
Should I eat the same amount of food as I would on the days I'm working out on the days I'm resting? I would eat a lot of carbs and protein on the days I'm working out but if I eat the same amount on my rest days will they turn into fat? Or should I not consume as much but still eat relatively the same? (Trying to gain muscle)

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Assuming you're trying to gain weight, then yes. Eat the same amount on every day, it will help with your workouts on the following days. It will not just go straight to fat since your body is recovering on those days.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    No - eat less on rest days. The MFP premium version is best for this because you can have different macros/calories for every day of the week! :)
  • William4MVP
    William4MVP Posts: 166 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Assuming you're trying to gain weight, then yes. Eat the same amount on every day, it will help with your workouts on the following days. It will not just go straight to fat since your body is recovering on those days.

Not true..on day you train, you have to eat more to account for the exercising.

example: 1 hour exercises, burned 100ish calories. 2.1k calorie goal to be at a surplus. You have to account for the exercise so you eat 2.2k. On non exercise days you should just stick to eating 2.1k. but you're right, it would possibly give him more energy for his next workout but it won't negate the fat gain as much as you believe.
  • ivyylam333
    ivyylam333 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Thanks !
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    It literally doesn't matter at all. As long as your weekly calorie intake is consistent, you're fine.