New to this

Options
rachelperkinsmartinez
rachelperkinsmartinez Posts: 1 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I need to loose 20 lbs, I am 37 and 5'3 with 2 little boys and being a full time teacher I am having a tough time getting in exercise

Replies

• Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    I know with winter its hard to get out to exercise especially with two young boys when you get home from teaching, but even 10 minutes before you dive into making dinner to get out 3 paper plates, and a balloon will burn calories and settle the boys down. (have them color their "paddles" as you fix dinner). When the weather gets nicer, I had invested in a https://burley.com/ Burley trailer and hooked it onto my bike. Get the ones with the adapter that turns it into a stroller if you don't wish to bike it. It is a lifesaver, you get to exercise and the boys get to look at the world, have a cupful of snacks or juice. It hold two kids well. Its hard to realize that just playing will count for exercise when you have boys :-) I have three, (all grown but I still remember how it was).
    You can do this!
  • thehoss316
    thehoss316 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Always happy to make new friends. Add me.
  • mamanewland
    mamanewland Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Oh how I understand. I'm a mom of 4 and work several part time jobs. Down 45 so far - it takes a commitment and encouragement along the way but you can do it! Add me as a friend if you want.
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    @mamanewland Congrats on your losses! Great Job!
  • erin3215
    erin3215 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Add me! Also teach 3rd grade and mom of 3 little men and 1 little lady (age 2-7) so hard to take time to exercise and eat well with so much going on! I'd love a little extra support and to give some, too