NutriBullet.

Options
Ok so my lovely husband bought one this week ( they were on special)
I have just made the first drink...
Apple, frozen berries, silver beet, chia seeds and protein powder. It was yummy but not sure it's good for a meal replacement. Any thoughts on the NutriBullet?

Replies

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I used to have one, but hated it. I had to be really careful to make sure that the lid was screwed on right, or else my smoothie would splatter all over the place when I twisted the cup onto the blender. It ended up breaking when I was making a green smoothie and the lid to the cup came off, causing the smoothie to go all inside the blender and start smoking.

I bought a real blender to replace it. I like it so much better.
  • PaulyLB1
    PaulyLB1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have both a Magic Bullet not the Nutri Bullet. I like it to make small servings of things. I use my VitaMix for the more complicated stuff!
  • angelexperiment
    angelexperiment Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a good meal replacement. You can add egg too. Check out recipes on nutrininja or google meal replacement smoothie
  • QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Sounds alright. Personally I'd rather chew my calories than drink them, smoothies and stuff don't fill me up. But whatever tickles your fancy :wink: as long as you hit your macros and you're satisfied.
  • star1407
    star1407 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I've got the nutribullet ninja, blooming good bit of kit. As long as you get some protein in your smoothie, it's a lovely way to fill you up and get extra nuts, seeds and veg into you. There are some brilliant ideas for recipes on here and Pinterest too
  • madddfitness
    madddfitness Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    One that I love is spinach, handful of carrots, a whole banana, chai, flax, scoop of vanilla protein powder, peanut butter and almond milk. I find this one really really filling- and it tastes like banana and peanut butter! It has a lot of fiber and protein! Also though, it's recommended to eat 5 smaller meals through out the day, so bringing nuts and fruit with you to snack on when you get hungry before lunch is great when you are smoothy-Ing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    I like it because it less of a hassle than the traditional blenders.
    I had some calories left for the end of the day so I had
    1/2 cup unsweetened soy milk, one banana, rice protein, a few tablespoons of water, and some cinnamon.
  • Queenmunchy
    Queenmunchy Posts: 3,380 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I use it to purée vegetables or beans to thicken soups, make marinades/dressings, and to grind my breadcrumbs.
  • Hoooooooooo
    Hoooooooooo Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your thoughts!
    Made spinach, berries, ginger, strawberry and protein powder today but it was disgusting.... Try again tomorrow...
  • Cheri1218
    Cheri1218 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I have the ninja and love it! Only used it for 3 weeks, but no problems with leaks or splatters. I've used it for breakfast every morning and with all I throw in, including a scoop of protein, it is a good meal replacement. It's the first thing I log on here every day so I can easily check how the nutrtion stacks up.