Thoughts on PB2

Options
remaho80
remaho80 Posts: 126 Member
Hey there! I've seen PB2 in a lot of food diaries, etc. I had never heard of it until then. I keep trying to stay away from regular PB, because of all the calories. How do you use PB2? Do you have to mix it with water? How does it work? Most importantly - do you like it? Does it taste as good as your old PB?

Replies

• humblemonkey
    humblemonkey Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    im curious too! BUMP

also, can u get it somehere besides online???
  • shmoejo
    shmoejo Posts: 37
    Options
    you mix it with water and i love it!
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    I use it A LOT. I LOVE it!!!! It taste just like peanut butter. You mix 2 tbsp of PB2 powder with 1 tbsp of water, stir and it's ready to eat. I usually cut an apple and dip it in the PB2. I put it in my protein shakes, you can eat it on bread(if you eat bread...which I don't), you can add it to you oatmeal. :smile:
  • tmontgomery69
    tmontgomery69 Posts: 180
    Options
    also, can u get it somehere besides online???

You can go on www.bellplantation.com and see if there's any stores where you live that carry it.
  • tinkker33
    tinkker33 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You mix it with water. I think it takes some getting use to actually. Most people love it a lot, and I think that I will too. IT is just not the texture that I am use to and it tastes very natural, like peanut butter should! lol., yet I have come use to the other types of it. Good luck!
  • JLervold86
    JLervold86 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    We get it in the Commissary here, I love PB2. My fiance and I tried it out of curiosity and now there is not turning back. It tastes like natural peanut butter (not sweet like JIF and Skippy) AND its not all oily like regular natural peanut butter. Definitely worth trying!
  • Kbelle2607
    Kbelle2607 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sizehealthy
    sizehealthy Posts: 13
    Options
    I have tried it, but there is something weird to me about making food from something powdered. I would stick to the real stuff and just watch your portions. It's all about moderation!!
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Nothing weird about it! It's just powdered peanuts, with the oil pressed out.

In addition to some of the other suggestions, it makes a lovely peanut sauce for stir frys! Some low-sodium chicken broth, a little soy sauce, sesame oil, and PB2. Oh yes, and it's wonderful as a frozen yogurt topping!
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options
    Bumping with another question; is the calorie count for the dry tablespoon, or a tablespoon of mixed?
  • RosieGB33nz
    RosieGB33nz Posts: 142
    Options
    can you get this in New Zealand?
  • lorischlitz
    Options
    I use PB2 to add to my vanilla protein shakes .. it's very good without all the fat.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    It's delicious and not weird at all.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Bumping with another question; is the calorie count for the dry tablespoon, or a tablespoon of mixed?

I believe the calorie count is for 2 dry tablespoons. 45 cals per 2 dry tablespoons.
  • raaynes
    raaynes Posts: 58
    Options

I believe the calorie count is for 2 dry tablespoons. 45 cals per 2 dry tablespoons.

That makes the most sense, as you never know how much water/milk/yogurt someone will add. It's about their taste, so the calories would be all over the place, depending on the preparation.

Thanks.
  • 69mustang
    69mustang Posts: 185
    Options
    I prefer my regular natural pb. I ordered 2 of the regular PB2 and 2 of the chocolate one, I thought they tasted a bit odd. I used about 2/3 of one of the regular jars and maybe 1/4 of the chocolate kind hoping to get used to it.... ended up throwing them out :( Lots of people do like it though and the only way you will know if you do is to try it for yourself, you may really like it.
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    Options
    hmm at first i did not see the point, and as far as just eating it I would stick to good old fashioned (okay i get organic natural, or publix deli, which is just peanuts nothing else) but after reading the uses one thinks it might be easier to mix a powder in some recipies then acutal peanut butter. might look into it
  • Gettinfit2
    Gettinfit2 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Today was the first time I tried it. I mixed mine in a smoothie; the taste was great! :tongue: . I loved it and will continue to use in smoothies.
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    PB2 is amazing. Just bought another jar today. If you live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, you can get it at Market Street.

I like to mix it in my oatmeal (dry, not mixed with water) with fresh berries, tastes like the middle of a PB&J sammich. :drinker:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    hmm at first i did not see the point, and as far as just eating it I would stick to good old fashioned (okay i get organic natural, or publix deli, which is just peanuts nothing else) but after reading the uses one thinks it might be easier to mix a powder in some recipies then acutal peanut butter. might look into it

Plus it's only 45 cals and 2 g of fat, as opposed to 160 cals and 16 g of fat!