What do you miss after weight loss?

For those of you either at goal weight or who have lost significant amounts of weight, is there anything that you miss about yourself from before you lost? For example, as excited as I am about becoming healthier...i'm not looking forward to my natural boob reduction lol. Silly...but honest. Has anyone experienced anything like this in their journey?

Replies

• sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    My confidence...I didn't care what I wore. I didn't worry about hair and make up. I put it on walked out and owned it. Now I criticize my everything I put on now...uugghhh
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    I miss eating without going through the trouble of measuring/weighing everything first, but I wouldn't give up my food scale for anything. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    I miss eating without going through the trouble of measuring/weighing everything first, but I wouldn't give up my food scale for anything. :)

This.

And being able to fully enjoy my higher calorie treats or meals without worrying about calories.
  • tracie_minus100
    tracie_minus100 Posts: 465 Member
    I miss not having to get new clothes regularly, and I miss being able to wear outfits for longer than a month or two. At first it was fun, but it's getting expensive constantly buying smaller clothes, even though I hit up sales and even secondhand when I can.
    Other than that, I don't miss anything about my obese life.
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    Being able to eat more!
  • juleelee
    juleelee Posts: 19 Member
    Funny you mention missing your big boobs...I can't WAIT to have my little boobies back! ;)
  • Annr
    Annr Posts: 2,765 Member
    I miss not having to get new clothes regularly, and I miss being able to wear outfits for longer than a month or two. At first it was fun, but it's getting expensive constantly buying smaller clothes, even though I hit up sales and even secondhand when I can.
    Other than that, I don't miss anything about my obese life.

Start a Clothing Swap group in your area. Post around town, meet up once a month and just trade clothes. Its fun, and its just a celebration of our journey. :-)
  • atiral
    atiral Posts: 43 Member
    Being able to eat all day every day. Also, you know how people always say "you must feel so much better" after you lose weight? I don't know that I do. I definitely don't miss being uncomfortable bending to tie shoes, being hot all the time, feeling self conscious going anywhere, etc.
    But... I have lower blood pressure now so I get lightheaded almost every time I stand up(80/20). I feel better going places and wearing clothes that feel and look better. But when you get right down to it, since I'm home most of the time, I would be probably be happier like I was because it doesn't matter what I look like here.
    It was still worth it to lose about 100 lbs. I know it doesn't sound like it, but I am grateful.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Right now missing my fat layer....I get soo cold now (and I live in Arizona, sigh) and also without the fat layer, it hurts to sit (tailbone kills me). Not complaining of course, just stating facts, lol

nc4xcwaztyx8.png
  • soulofgrace
    soulofgrace Posts: 175 Member
    Absolutely nothing. I don't miss being clueless as to how many calories I was eating. I don't miss blaming everything but myself for being overweight. I don't miss saying to myself, "tomorrow I am going to start eating better or exercising." I could go on. :) I really can't think of anything I miss.
  • KateTii
    KateTii Posts: 886 Member
    The only thing I consistently miss is being able to have alcoholic drinks without thinking about the number of calories in the drink + the food i'm going to eat afterwards. I still do have the occasional night of unrestricted drinking/eating but knowing the calories in alcoholic drinks has stopped me from having a drink after work many times!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,956 Member
    Being able to sit for more than half an hour without my tailbone aching! Poor lil thing hasn't been outside a padded cell in the better part of 2 decades and it's such a delicate petal now!
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    airangel59 wrote: »
    Right now missing my fat layer....I get soo cold now (and I live in Arizona, sigh) and also without the fat layer, it hurts to sit (tailbone kills me). Not complaining of course, just stating facts, lol.

This is how I felt after I lost weight last time. I'd rather be too hot than too cold, and when I'm thin I am too cold. Guess I will just have to turn up the heater this time!
  • bendyourkneekatie
    bendyourkneekatie Posts: 696 Member
    I miss my hips. My tiny bony hips are annoying, uncomfortable, and finding clothes is a PITA
    I miss my boobs. Part of that is two pregnancies and coming toward the end of my breastfeeding journey, but goddamn. They used to be my redeeming feature, now they're these saggy bags.
    I miss not getting a hangover after only a couple of drinks. I drink plenty of water but still wake up feeling like I drank a bottle of wine when I only had a couple glasses.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Absolutely nothing. I don't miss being clueless as to how many calories I was eating. I don't miss blaming everything but myself for being overweight. I don't miss saying to myself, "tomorrow I am going to start eating better or exercising." I could go on. :) I really can't think of anything I miss.

Yes, all of this!

I feel fantastic now. Life just keeps getting better and better.

Sure, I was happy in many ways back then, but I'm happier now that I ever dreamed of.

I fell in love with exercise, and that is making life amazing.
  • wildfire1204
    wildfire1204 Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2016
    I see there are many different things I hadn't really considered! Thanks for the feedback. Still excited about all the positive changes that are happening and those to come.
  • kk_inprogress
    kk_inprogress Posts: 3,077 Member
    My boobs. They are GONE. I have always gotten cold easily so that's even worse now.

But, that's what padded bras and electric blankets are for!!
  • grinning_chick
    grinning_chick Posts: 765 Member
    For everyone who has issues with being cold, I have three words for you: heated mattress pad

You're welcome! :)

(and some are even dual controlled if you share one mattress with another person)
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    I miss eating four doughnuts in a row and a massive bar of Cadburys in one sitting, that kind of thing.

I mostly don't, because I used to really only eat like that when I was unhappy, but sometimes I do miss the sheer gluttony I used to just give in to :D
  • ARGriffy
    ARGriffy Posts: 1,002 Member
    juleelee wrote: »
    Funny you mention missing your big boobs...I can't WAIT to have my little boobies back! ;)

I miss my boobs :( I know my frame suits little ones better but still.... where'd they go?!!