Bread

Options
I usually eat a sandwich for breakfast but through logging I noticed the sliced bread I like has quite a bit of sodium.
So looking for recommendations on a good bread to have, available in the UK? If possible one that's not incredibly thin that I'm barely having anything :P I (normally) wouldn't have it except for breakfast.

Replies

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Give up bread, unless you like sugar, and don't mind losing your Thyroid.
  • punkrockgoth
    punkrockgoth Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I haven't looked at the sodium content, but I love Sainsbury's seeded wholemeal bread. It's around £1.20 a loaf. It keeps me satisfied longer than other bread and it tastes good. It's also less expensive than a lot of the other seeded loaves on the shelves. I don't usually go into Sainsbury but for this bread, I make a special trip.
  • corgicake
    corgicake Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I prefer to bang out my own in the winter and only order up groceries when all my staple items go on sale. Staying indoors alone makes it worth the effort, plus you can make it however you want.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    Maybe you could try switching to a wrap?
  • Hell_Flower
    Hell_Flower Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    PItta bread does it for me.

The Food Doctor do a beautiful one, but you might need to freeze it and toast as you go as it doesnt last a week usually due to lack of preservatives (hence low sodium)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Unless you have a medical need to reduce sodium, there is no need for it. But i will say, that if you are active, you need more sodium than a non active person. Additionally, eating foods high in potassium and magnesium can offset some of the effects (water weight) from excessive sodium.

do you guys have Arnold brand?
  • anisia85
    anisia85 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the replies! Definitely some great suggestions :D