Protein and Carbs

Options
Hey everyone,

So I need to have high protein and low carb foods. Does anyone have suggestions of some foods that are composed this way? Most proteins I find tend to have a lot of carbs in them as well.

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    ....meat
  • Carlos_421
    Carlos_421 Posts: 5,132 Member
    Options
    Chicken
    Beef
    Pork
    Turkey
    Duck
    Venison
    Goat
    Eggs
    Fish
    Bison
    Milk
    Pheasant
    Alligator
  • seanvangenderen
    seanvangenderen Posts: 1 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm doing this right now. And here are some of my low carb meal items:

-Eggs scrambled or fried. With cheese. (add a little salsa if you get sick of the taste of eggs.)
    Sometimes I'll put an egg on half of a English muffin. With cheese.
    -dannon light and fit yogurts. Pretty tasty and easy on carbs.
    -Protein shakes (premier from Costco. Cheap and pretty good.)
    -chocolate protein powder, with ice, a tbsp of peanut butter, 1/3 frozen banana and some milk to make a delicious meal shake. I use it to replace meals often and it tastes great! (it's around 29 carbs.)
    -turkey lunch meat with cream cheese in the middle and a few craisins.
    -BeefJerky. (easy to make homemade and much cheaper)
    -basically all meats. I look for good deals when I can.
    -half of a granny Smith apple loaded with peanut butter. (awesome snack.)
    - fast food (on occasion) ceasar side salad from Wendy's and a small chili.
    - lettuce wrap burger from many burger places.
    -KFC grilled chicken
    Anyway, there are a few ideas. Good luck!

• Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Low carb - yes, high Protein - no. Excess protein is converted to carbs! Low carb, moderate protein, high healthy fats is the ticket!
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    For more plant based options, there's always soy based meats (like beyond meat brand mock meats) if that interests you. Peanut butter can be fairly low carb if you buy the no added sugar variety. You can also buy powdered peanut butter (buy one with no sugar added) and add that to your favourite protein powder. I personal use Vega protein and it's plant based, high protein, and actually fairly low carb (6g or so per scoop but about 2-3g are fiber)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat meat or eggs or fish or tofu with a lot of zucchini sautéed with butter and mushrooms. :)
  • tlehde13
    tlehde13 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! These are all great ideas and has me thinking a lot more about potential meals. I just am not use to eating this much meat or trying to do so and I get full way to quick and I think it's because I don't want all of it. I love the idea for the peanut butter powder to add to shakes.