Protien

What's the best protien shake for women I've tried a few and they helped me gain a lot but wanted to know anymore

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    edited January 2016
    Whey protein isolate or a high quality concentrate have one of the best amino acid profiles. Just watch out for cheap brands that spike their protein with amino acid and advertise more protein that is actually in it. Look for a powder that has 80-90% of it's calories in protein, and not filled with a bunch of junk.

Example: if one scoop is 25 grams of powder, make sure that scoop has at least 20 grams of protein in it. otherwise they're probably ripping you off.
  • Camarose79
    Camarose79 Posts: 86 Member
    I don't know what the best is, but stay away from slim fast! After buying their so called protein shake, I realized it was 10g protein when made with milk! Only 2g without milk. I make my shakes with water and ice. I could add milk to a bag of sand and call that a protein shake! Also its high in sugar.
  • adele_castle
    adele_castle Posts: 15 Member
    Ok thank you
  • maryackennedy
    maryackennedy Posts: 1 Member
    I buy True Athlete from The Vitamin Shoppe. Vanilla, chocolate and strawberry are all tasty...as far as protein goes anyway...
  • chelsea7162
    chelsea7162 Posts: 97 Member
    I've always had digestion issues with whey so I reach for plant based protein powders (also now I am a vegan so I avoid whey anyways) and I like the taste of Vega protein. It's not for everyone and it can be pricey but i think it's tasty and filling