Don't forget to make room for beer.

Options
2»

Replies

• QueenofHearts023
    QueenofHearts023 Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    I do that with pizza and chocolate...or cookies! Man my neighbour makes the most delicious cookies. I will seriously eat an entire bowl full with milk. I kid you not.

Beer though, I don't really like alcohol ;)
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Limak1000 wrote: »
    I'm at 1500 cals but usually consume less. Especially Fri and Sat because those are beer nights.

that's not clever

The 1500 minimum for men is so you can have enough calories to hit your nutritional requirements

Why are you set to minimum? Why are you eating less?
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    beer.png
    Not really.
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    ren3liz wrote: »
    Heh! No choice. I sell craft beer for a living. :) I am only recently becoming more calorie conscious about my intake though.

My job is writing tasting notes, it's a hard life ;)
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I want a job tasting beer! Lol. Especially the lovely high calorie stouts and porters! My calories are set at 1200 so to meet my macros and have a couple of beers I know I will be over my calories. I just have to make sure I exercise and only do it once every week or two. Totally worth it.
  • ren3liz
    ren3liz Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    allysar wrote: »
    I want a job tasting beer! Lol. Especially the lovely high calorie stouts and porters! My calories are set at 1200 so to meet my macros and have a couple of beers I know I will be over my calories. I just have to make sure I exercise and only do it once every week or two. Totally worth it.

Good news, porters are usually on the lower end of the (craft beer) calorie spectrum. High gravity stouts...not so much. But you drink less than the session beers, for sure. Typically higher abv = higher calories. Like anything, make it worth it. I love beer, but I won't waste a sip on a beer I don't like A LOT.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    I don't like beer but I do make room for wine, and Schnapps in my hot cocoa. :)
  • yummy30
    yummy30 Posts: 9 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yes
  • ckfox95
    ckfox95 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have the occasional beer but I do find it fills me up quite a bit faster than it used to.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Limak1000 wrote: »
    I'm at 1500 cals but usually consume less. Especially Fri and Sat because those are beer nights.

that's not clever

The 1500 minimum for men is so you can have enough calories to hit your nutritional requirements

Why are you set to minimum? Why are you eating less?

This is a very good question. Not only to be set so low, but to intentionally aim lower. You need to make sure you body is getting enough nutrients and eating cleaner (however you choose to define it) does not guarantee this. Are you getting enough protein, carbs, fats, and micronutrients (vitamins and minerals) to get/keep your body healthy while losing weight? Weight loss can be very stressful on the body and this is an important time to pay closer attention to these things.
  • thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm a wine drinker (please don't hate me) and once a week I'll have 2-3 glasses. My problem is that the next day I crave carbs and unhealthy foods and usually cave in. So I'm up a couple of pounds, then lose them in a day or teo, then am back on my downward trend. It's frustrating, but SO worth it.
  • allysar
    allysar Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    ren3liz wrote: »
    allysar wrote: »

Good news, porters are usually on the lower end of the (craft beer) calorie spectrum. High gravity stouts...not so much. But you drink less than the session beers, for sure. Typically higher abv = higher calories. Like anything, make it worth it. I love beer, but I won't waste a sip on a beer I don't like A LOT.

I agree! I would rather have no beer than crappy or "light" beer Blech!!
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I have zero alcohol tolerance anymore. If I could stop altogether I would, and during those periods I have I feel great, but beer tastes too good and it makes other people tolerable. So there's that. So yes, I fit it in.
  • ciaralizabeth
    ciaralizabeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I hardly drink anymore. When I plan on drinking, make sure to bank some of my daily allotment and exercise.