5K times

Options
MellowGa
MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
So I am thinking of doing a 5K sometime this year, how amny of you ran one and what are your times like? I see the world record is around 12 minutes.....thats my goal :)

Replies

• sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Haha. I did one a year ago as my first proper run. I did it in 28 minutes. I'd like to think if I did it now I'd hit more like 24/25 mins.

Do it for sure! Very rewarding. I've since done two 10ks and have signed up for a half marathon this November.
  • Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    Mine's 22 minutes. Could have done better but it's ok. Good luck with your goal. x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is part of a running club, and they just did 5k time trials (the things some people do for fun!!) and she did it in 28 minutes. She is very fit, but also very little, only 4ft10!
  • blowtotheskull
    Options
    my best time this season is 19:14, although I hope to get under 19 this year at some point.
  • fifon1
    fifon1 Posts: 17
    Options
    wow! u guys were great! i did mine in 42 mins. i cant imagine how some of u did below 20... hope i will be that fit someday.. :)
  • tami107
    tami107 Posts: 25
    Options
    mine is a very slow 35 mins, but I do it cos I love it (I never thought those words would pass my lips), not because I want to win, I have a 5k on the 26th june and a 10k two weeks later. May be I could try and pick up pace a bit, but I run and think things through, I am in a world of my own!:wink:
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I do "jogging" 4-5 times a week for 30-40 minutes. My goal is to get to 5km during that time (right now I'm around 3 km)... then I hope to do a 5k. Good luck to you!!! and keep up the running/jogging/walking everyone!
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    A couple weeks ago I got my PR @ 20:56
  • fumblerdog
    fumblerdog Posts: 63
    Options
    My 5K PR is 31:49. My goal is to get sub-30 by the end of 2012!
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    i've done them a few times. with my daughter! (pictured in my profile):heart::heart:
    i'm slow. i do not run, i jog. slowly. my hubby can walk beside me as i trot.:laugh: :laugh:
  • lovinglife71
    lovinglife71 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who is a avid runner, she finds every 5k she can and does very well and has ran 2 10k's with out stopping. I on the other hand do not like to run! LOL We are gym buddies, so when she ask, I can't say no, so she has talked me into two so far, my very first one with very little prep time, I ran in 31.40, my second one was a couple of wks ago and I ran it in 29.30, so for somebody who doesn't run, I was pretty proud. Of course she was around 23, which is amazing. So if you meet your goal, then kudo's to u!!!!!! :)
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    The first one I did was at 38.9 minutes and the last one (my 4th) I was down to 32.25 minutes.
  • bstamps12
    bstamps12 Posts: 1,184
    Options
    My first was 34:30 (last Nov.) I did a 5K a few weeks ago in 30:44 but it was on a cross country track (aka open grass w/ puddles, mud, dirt hills, you name it) not pavement. Hoping to get sub-30 in my 5K on July 4th!
  • kirbygirl41
    kirbygirl41 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I did my first one in 30 min. Would like to try again and get around 28.
  • LJM930
    LJM930 Posts: 2
    Options
    I just started running with the Couch to 5K program and did my first 5K on the treadmill in 37:50. My goal is to get faster, then start running outside, and run a real 5K race!
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    My PR was my last race and my time was 28:10. I was really upset with myself though. I was hoping for an 8:30 pace.
  • Palache
    Palache Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    34 min here... but I'm not a fast runner. Plus my short legs don't help at all!!! :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    My first was in 29:40, 2nd in 27:56 and 3rd in 28:01. I stopped for water during that one because it was unseasonably hot that day, or it would have been a PR. Then a 5 miler in 45:17.
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Wow, it's a good think I didn't know all this before I ran my first 5K, which took me 43 minutes. I'm down to about 39 minutes now, and if I ever break under 30 minutes I think something will have frozen over.
  • lisadhancock
    lisadhancock Posts: 103
    Options
    so i'm not a runner, although i'd love to be, but you all inspired me to dust off my treadmill and see how long it took me to do a 5k, walking and jogging and it took me 45 min 59 sec! You all are amazing!!!!!!