Weight loss in 2 months

Options
I have to attend a wedding on this March. Want to loose huge weight before that. Last couple of months I ate too much sugar containing foods. Now I want to concentrate on my weight loss program. Needs support and motivation. Is there anyone who has the same goal???? Feel free to add me...thanks!!!

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    What is a huge amount? Hopefully you are thinking 8 to 12 pounds which is doable but you will have to be accurate with your intake and outtake.
  • Eldee32
    Eldee32 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Yes I am trying to loose 6 kg. Thanks for your advice.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    sugar has nothing to do with weight loss unless it causes you to go over your calorie goal. plus in you stats into MFP if you havent already,set the amount of weight you want to lose,and eat to your calorie goal. weigh everything on a scale and make sure you select the right entries. its all about CICO and not what you eat unless you have a health issue.
  • Twiglet2016
    Twiglet2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What is CICO?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    calories in calories out
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    CICO= calories in calories out
  • Twiglet2016
    Twiglet2016 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I want to lose 25 lbs my the end of May ideally. What is CICO please CharlieBeans? And Eldee32 I can offer support - can we support each other in this?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    if you burn more calories than you take in you lose,if you take in more than you burn you gain. now that doesnt mean that if you eat 1300 calories you have to burn that much to lose weight. just eat whatever caloric goal MFP gave you and go from there. if you have less than 25 lbs to lose set to lose .5 to 1lb a week,50-75 set to 1-1.5 a week and 75 or over 2 lbs a week. you dont want to go too too high if you dont have a lot to lose and the lower you weight loss goal is the longer it can take.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    the above link may be easier for you to understand
  • amber22vanessa
    amber22vanessa Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Heya, I need to loose quite a bit as well (6kgs) ideally and looking for support and motivation too!! Hope your weight loss plan is going well.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    Hi there, I want to lose 25 lbs my the end of May ideally. What is CICO please CharlieBeans? And Eldee32 I can offer support - can we support each other in this?

to lose 25 lbs by may sounds aggressive. weight loss takes time and that amount may be too much to lose that soon depending on how much weight you have to lose. some weeks you will lose and others you may not not lose anything. weight fluctuates and isnt linear. why do you need to lose that much by may? the faster you lose the more lean muscle you lose,slower is better.
  • Eldee32
    Options
    Thank you soo much for your valuable advices. The real problem is that I can't workout daily. I try to follow MFP calorie scale. But after loosing some weight it is fixed though I loose some inches. I really appreciate your motivations. Thanks
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    you dont have to workout daily. all that is needed is a caloric deficit to lose weight. exercise is for health reasons and will give you a bigger deficit but its recommended to eat back at least half of exercise calories.you can also adjust your calorie goals manually but you cannot go below 1200 if that is what you mean.

• Eldee32
    Options
    you dont have to workout daily. all that is needed is a caloric deficit to lose weight. exercise is for health reasons and will give you a bigger deficit but its recommended to eat back at least half of exercise calories.you can also adjust your calorie goals manually but you cannot go below 1200 if that is what you mean.

I am following MPF daily calorie intake limit. Yeah I admit some times I ate more than my limit as per MPF. But the weight loss is not up to the mark. I just loose 5 kg in last 9 months. May I know how you loose?
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    Options
    you lost 5kg in the last 9 months thats a little over 1lb a month which is fine. the less you have to lose the slower it will be, how I lose may or may not work the same for everyone. I lose slowly. I eat what MFP tells me to eat,if I go over one day I get back on the next day and try to eat to or a little under the calories(but I eat over 1200 calories so dont recommend going under 1200). I weigh all my food on a digital food scale,I find the proper enteries and log it.I also exercise and eat back 25-75% of my calories burned. when using mfp to log exercise,mfp will estimate high so I usually will cut the amount in half and log that. I dont cut any foods out,I still eat some stuff with sugar. how much are you wanting to lose? you should not expect to lose more than 2lbs a week unless you are over 75# or more overweight. some weeks you will lose weight and others you may not. you wont always get the same number every week,it may vary. you just have to be patient.