Wanted: Motivation and Encouragement

Options
Hi everyone,
My name is Allison. I am 20 yrs old and needing to lose weight. My family wants me to lose 50 but I want to lose at least 70. I've been trying but am entirely unmotivated. Working out makes me feel like crap and I love the taste of food. All that said though, I hate being... fat, sooo here I go...

Replies

• kimtpa1417
    kimtpa1417 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck. This is my first week and I love it. It is completely different when you are actually seeing the numbers.... Feel free to add me... :)
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    You have a very realistic goal. You can do 50 lbs in a year. That's just an average of 1 pound a week. Eat your calories, exercise, and focus on healthy.

Best wishes for that dream vacation!
  • abonicontro
    Options
    Thank you so much! and amazing job on your loss so far!
  • KamaD
    KamaD Posts: 2
    Options
    :wink: You can do this. Find something fun that you like and before you know it it will get easier. I am 5' 2" and I weighed 280, I am now 230. I have started walking and I am able to go farther and faster, plus I am less stressed I work all the tension out! Good luck.
  • KamaD
    KamaD Posts: 2
    Options
    Way to go on your weight loss, I hope I can do that as well! I need to be more diligent at keeping track...
  • mialsya
    mialsya Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I started exercising, it felt horrible! I was sore, achy, exhausted... I'm 2 1/2 weeks in and now I am energized, I can concentrate on tasks a lot better, and I'm sleeping so much better. I've never been a morning person but I find myself waking up at 7am feeling ready to go. It takes a while for you to adjust and your body is going to protest like never before. You're mind is going to tell your body that the protesting is justified. Let your heart do the talking and tell them both to shut up and deal with it. After you lose your first 10 pounds (which can happen very quickly with just a change in diet), you will feel on top of the world and like you can do ANYTHING! It's hard work. There is no finish line to this race. It's about getting to and maintaining a healthier and happier way of life.

And don't listen to your family. The only person who matters in this is YOU!
  • Sampath1391
    Options
    Hi Allison, I'm new at this too! Best of luck on your weight loss, I'm sure you can do it :happy:
  • talonlily
    talonlily Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I just started on this site after having a baby in December and I am going through every activity I can think of to find the one that I actually enjoy doing. So far I think walking is the easiest thing I can do every day without too much difficulty.

When I start exercising after a long time, my body just hurts. After about a week I start feeling normal but then, if I quit working out again, I hurt from the inactivity. I just can't win. lol :ohwell:

Just don't give up, you can do this!
  • VBtim180
    VBtim180 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can do it and MFP can help. I joined and then my wife and now my daughter. we are all doing good with the extra help. I'm also looking for friends that are not in my immediate family . so feel free to add me.
  • abonicontro
    Options
    Thank you so much! I am honestly at a loss for words after all the things everyone has said in just a short amount of time. I know that it will be difficult in the beginning but in the end I know that it will be worth it
  • brittanydittman
    Options
    Welcome!! Im sure you will find tons of support and motivation on this site :flowerforyou: feel free to send me a request!
  • ninadavis34
    Options
    I have just asked for the same things Allison....I need Motivation and Support too. Add me if you would like.
  • onmyweightohappiness
    onmyweightohappiness Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP & Good luck in your journey!
  • nrcorporan3
    Options
    Im 10 days in and love the site. Welcome and feel free to add me as support as well :)
  • ac924
    ac924 Posts: 7
    Options
    welcome! i'm just getting started also with MFP...have been able to lose 30lbs on my own but have been stuck for the last 9 months at the same weight - so I'm still looking to lose another 30....i'm thinking maybe keeping track of how much i'm eating is going to be helpful, especially with the support of others on this site!
  • freedomgirl
    Options
    You can do it! This is a great site and I've only been here since Wednesday! Remember its important to do it for yourself because you are worth it!!!! Add me!